Archived: the OG noob question thread! πŸ˜€

@Deodand

1 Like

@Mainflow Thanks bro but I dont think he is allowed to give any Information about the unity. Its enertions product. I dont want @Deodand to get any trouble at the end. From the Business point I even can understand that somehow on the other side it just makes me sad to see all these devices dead :frowning:

1 Like

Don’t they have to disclose the info as per the sharealike license the vesc uses? Afaik at least…

1 Like

Dont think so. Most of the design is different :frowning: @Jordicious

1 Like

abs_over_current means that the vesc stopped the motor from pulling more amps than he is allowed to?

could also be something broke with parts of the hardware. How did the fault came up? @xsynatic

From the VESC github page:

VESC Hardware is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

…From https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/:

ShareAlike β€” If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

Thus the Unity BOM (being based on the VESC BOM) should be held to the same license as the original, and thus must be shared in order to comply with the license?
Perhaps @Trampa will know more about this given his association with Vedder…

3 Likes

iΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆwΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆyΜΆΜΆiΜΆΜΆnΜΆΜΆgΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆoΜΆΜΆuΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆhΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆmΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆvΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆfΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆuΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆoΜΆΜΆnΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆiΜΆΜΆnΜΆΜΆyΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆiΜΆΜΆnΜΆΜΆyΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆlΜΆΜΆoΜΆΜΆpΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆnΜΆΜΆdΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆiΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆuΜΆΜΆmΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆiΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆhΜΆΜΆiΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆhΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆmΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆxΜΆΜΆiΜΆΜΆmΜΆΜΆuΜΆΜΆmΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆmΜΆΜΆoΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆoΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆmΜΆΜΆpΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆi̢’̢vΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆ ΜΆ(ΜΆsΜΆΜΆmΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆvΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆdΜΆΜΆiΜΆΜΆdΜΆΜΆn̢’̢tΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆwΜΆΜΆoΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆkΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆlΜΆΜΆlΜΆΜΆ,ΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆmΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆyΜΆΜΆbΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆbΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆcΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆuΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆiΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆuΜΆΜΆnΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆhΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆmΜΆΜΆoΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆoΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆuΜΆΜΆnΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆnΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆoΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆdΜΆ)

ΜΆnΜΆΜΆoΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆuΜΆΜΆrΜΆΜΆeΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆwΜΆΜΆhΜΆΜΆyΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆiΜΆΜΆtΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆaΜΆΜΆyΜΆΜΆsΜΆΜΆ ΜΆΜΆ1ΜΆΜΆ8ΜΆΜΆkΜΆΜΆmΜΆ/ΜΆΜΆh

Edit : i didn’t test smart reverse. I was driving up that slope and i think it had a small bump what caused it. Felt a tiny jolt.

The rest of the right was normal.

I don’t know, but I don’t want to get involved here. As far as I know the unity design is a bit different and has not much to do with it except for a few chips. I can also be wrong. I just want to repair it :3 It is late in Germany. Good night boys.
@Jordicious

3 Likes

With the ackmaniac tool I have to set each VESC correct even though it’s a dual vesc? I know with the VESC tool you only had to set up a single one. In my case would it be all 4? (2 duals). And would each get their own ESC id? 1-4 or just 1-2. And lastly is it just one thay I set the app to use as UART and the rest none or two ? Sorry first time using this tool… :confused:

You only need to set 1 as UART (the one that it’s connected to), and turn on multiple focbox over can under nunchuck (uart). You only need to id each unit I think

1 Like

ThNkss gonna give it a shot

Does anyone know how to connect a smart BMS to a metr.pro? I found out people talking about it, but didn’t find out how to connect both.

I’ve had that happen on janux mounts and I just removed the idlers completely and adjusted the belt length

4 Likes

I have problem with top speed. Here is my story:
Maytech 6880 190kv, 12s battery, 145mm bergs, dual ESCape, motor pulley 16T, wheel pulley 60T, gt2b, ackmaniac. Top speed was around 52km/h. Changed few things in one go: motor pulley 16T->18T, gt2b->vx2 pro, ackmaniac->latest vesc software (FW 4.1). My top speed is now 53km/h, bench tested and with me riding. ERPM is set to 100k, max Wattage to 1500k. My top speed should be more than 60km/h looking at calc. What is wrong, where should I look what limit is?

1 Like

Seems right to me for 18/60.

For 16/60 top speed should be about 48kph.

But calc says loaded speed: 60.6 km/h.

It all depends on what you enter of course.

calc.esk8.news1660.pdf (63.6 KB)

calc.esk8.news1860.pdf (63.6 KB)

1 Like

I see, I had efficiency on 90%. Only 10% difference, but such a difference in top speed.

Hi, could someone tell me what type of threads there is on the TB 218 Axel? Think it has to be uf or something like that, dont think its metric