Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

ok that gives me peace of mind, thanks a bunch :heart:

1 Like

Yeah, exactly my feeling. I definitely dont value my time when i do things myself, that’s fun time well spent! but all the parts you will break along the way + acquiring tools is indeed expensive for my pockets :slight_smile:

Thanks again for making myself feel comfortable with my mistakes!

2 Likes

Glad to help.

But it’s 2AM here, and I need to go to sleep. Goodnight!

2 Likes

Cool, talk soon… ill report back with next adventures!

1 Like

a while back ive seen pictures of someone extending his deck-width with additional wood to add more concave, but i cant seem to find it anymore…

anyone recognize what i mean who could post me a link?

2 Likes

@Tamatoa did that and it turned out really nice:

[No_Name_Yet] | eMTB | Cheapo deck | etc

5 Likes

awesome, thanks a lot!
might wanna try this aswell because i alleays feel i have too little leverage over my front truck

2 Likes

Not so sure at all, now.
As much as I like the idea of a battery meter on the remote, I’m not sure it’s worth buying another remote either…

1 Like

Is there a tool I can use to clean up or fix threads that are fucked up?

this is a @mbs matrix II pro axle, am I going to have to buy a new truck?

3 Likes

Stop it.bill you makin me blush.

@olsyke what deck are you going to mod? Please post pics.

1 Like

I’d try a tap and die set but I don’t know how much fucked is too much fucked to be unfucked tho

3 Likes

if i tell you, people will hunt me out of this place with pitchforks :fire: :see_no_evil:

im not yet sure if it will really happen also

1 Like

Now I definitely need to know. Just send me a pic by pm no one else needs to know. :shushing_face:

1 Like

ima go on the prowl for a tap & die set. will i have to heat treat the threads after fixing it? i worry if it’s too easy for me to fix the threads, it will be just as easy for the threads to fall out-of-true when force is applied again

1 Like

Sorry bro, i don’t know either, I would probably not even think about it.
But surely someone more knowledgeable will help here.

1 Like

Honestly surprised they got that fucked to begin with lol…
I’m not sure how much a die is gonna do for you considering the pitch of those threads appears to be varying… I don’t think they’re supposed to do that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@kook :arrow_up:

2 Likes

The threads look weird and done, did you use the original axle nut and are their threads fine?

Once I had a brandnew evil nut which caused damaged threads on the axle.

214437e

I would buy a new truck, then you get fresh axle nuts, a spare baseplate, kingpin and bushings :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

download (2)

2 Likes

If you can get a die for it…slowly get it started… If it won’t start you may have to champher and/or use a thread file to get it started…

https://www.amazon.com/Uniburr-1816-Plus-Deburring-Small/dp/B00WIT9KJ8

https://www.amazon.com/SE-10-Piece-Mini-Diamond-Needle/dp/B0019N6CV8/ref=sr_1_11?crid=3UIX96OOEGKO2&keywords=thread+file+set&qid=1580494021&s=hi&sprefix=thread+file%2Ctools%2C204&sr=1-11

Once there a bit of WD40 on the threads and die and go slowly backing up and restarting the die again…not taking it all the way off the axle… Go really slow.

No need to reheat treat after threading, you have not heated it at all and have not changed the materials structure…

Go over the threads when finished with a wire brush to smoothify them… And you’re good to go… I literally unfucked an axle worse than that recently… And it’s now perfect…

BTW… You can “feel” the hardness of the metal thru the tooling… Go slow!

If you feel or see the thread “chunking-off” after the wire brushing and close inspection… it’s done, buy new!

3 Likes