Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Jesus Christ I wasn’t expecting that😂

4 Likes

AliExpress man

2 Likes

It is not the right glue for the job. But i got it back to working order.

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

Can you measure the diameter of the lens itself? Several of the places I know don’t go by manufacturer or model.

1 Like

It’s 13/16 inch :slight_smile:

Another dumb question: for a 8 layer spar urethane application, does a cure time beyond 2 weeks make any difference?

Here is a link to a 20.5mm lens. Just double chacking, that 13/16" is the diameter of the lens itself, not just the ID of the bezel it’s sitting in?

i need them quick though :confused:

That sucks :frowning:

Always keep lots of belts on hand in the future

When I get down to two of any size I use I order more

Or for 275-5M-15 I like to have 5 or more

1 Like

I really love the idea of a travable battery board and unlimited x solo is pretty cool ( not the price though)
It would be much cheaper with some quality stuff like neohubs but the whole mounting system is hard to find infomation on.
So i have a few questions regarding the setup.

cheers

I will say that b1 rubber piece could be removed but is definitely what does the waterproofing. It gets compressed while tightening the rest of the gland to make a seal.

I had to pre stretch mine to get it to fit around my cables.

2 Likes

What wire/connector are you supposed to use with the metr pro??

1 Like

Why angular contact bushings over deep grove bearings? @Bindings_McGee ? Those on kaly boards, in Practice, are they smoother/tougher/faster?

1 Like

Oh, lovely!!
Yes, that is what I measured for the lens though it’s a tight fit. And I just had this to measure it with:

Thank you so much! I bought the lens. Unbeatable price. And an awesome store! I am trying to find more alternatives to Amazon and this definitely made my list.

Anyone know if newer bluetooth modules are supported by the VESC software(edit)? Namely Hm19 or any bluetooth5.0 modules?

I believe the VESC just uses a custom protocol over UART for communication (only thing I found searching the repo about bluetooth was a commit to change the rx_timeout in packet.c by Roman presumably to give it enough time to connect before timeout)

I’m by no means a VESC firmware expert but starting to learn my way around STM32 tools and FreeRTOS (unfortunately VESC uses ChibiOS which I’m even less familiar with). I can’t find anything in the OS layer regarding a bluetooth driver though either, so I believe it is just using UART function calls from the VESC side of things and up to the module firmware to use (or implement, but I think can be copy pasted) the same packet format for communication over the UART.

Old article from Benjamin here too so source is probably a better view of current state of things but can get conceptual understanding of how it worked then at least http://vedder.se/2015/10/communicating-with-the-vesc-using-uart/

Edit could be standard Bluetooth firmware too and maybe the custom protocol just needs to happen at the serial communication layer (or I could be totally wrong all around… so yah take it all with a lump of salt)

You obviously know more about this subject than I do and since you seem pretty unsure I’ll stick with HM10, thanks though!

Yeah, KD has just about the best price and selection for flashlight parts, LEDs, and the like. Their shipping is predictably slow since they’re overseas, but I usually don’t mind.

Banggood is my other go-to source for random stuff - From electronic modules to endmills, they’ve got quite a range of stuff for the penny-pinching DIYer.

1 Like