Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

That’s battery or total for all motors.

I don’t know how the Unity software takes the numbers.

1 Like

cool…thx.

On single motor skates even -13A is enough brake so that’s really agressive

I’m on the assumption motor settings are per motor and battery settings are the entire system for the focbox unity. So my 12s4p 30q is set to 60, -55 on the motors, and 80, -24 on the battery limits.

2 Likes

the same amount of motor min current represents more battery min current when you’re going faster

so if your battery min current is less than the motor min current, you’ll have less available braking force when you’re going faster

3 Likes

For reference I went off of Bioboards settings which use a 12s6p battery 30q battery.

3 Likes

Yes. And, to clarify, this is usually what you want.

So for example on a single drive, -55A motor max is less than -20A battery max

1 Like

no such thing as negative current… to illustrate "-"55 motor current is more coulombs charge per second through a point, or greater in magnitude, than "-"22 motor current, however the direction is reversed

What size hanger is the most appropriate for a small deck like the aileron?
I am thinking either 150mm or 174mm (SF RKP) . hub drive so standard axle.
@Winfly @avX

Also, as i have only experiance with longboards, with such a small board, do baseplate angles matter much since you don’t really go over 25mph? or is there a preference once again for short boards like this?
I am aiming for a bit more of a carvy setup

1 Like

I have found this to be true as well for the unity. Tons of misinformation about it out there though haha

3 Likes

Yea, I was sifting through both forums for the past two days trying to figure it all out :sweat_smile:

Have you taken arithmetic?

Magnitude can be greater while value is lesser. For example -8 and 3.

​-8 is a greater magnitude, but 3 is greater

Software is no place for mistakes or fuzziness. The computer will do EXACTLY what you tell it to do.

2 Likes

I think there may have been a typo somewhere… I think the idea is exactly what you were saying: positive 22 is greater than -55, but -55 is greater in magnitude. Imho the vesc should just use positive numbers everywhere to avoid the confusion but I’m not Vedder lol :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

no, not true if you have 2 individual vescs

however some dual escs may use a different convention

2 Likes

Sorry maybe I should’ve been more specific, this was pertaining specifically to the focbox unity. When I ran dual legacy focboxes my battery limits were half of what I said before.

3 Likes

confused about correctly gauging what I need

following this picture, trying to be within optimal/acceptable, 13s5p pack 30q, so 100a, going double layered 0.15mmx10mm = 20a acceptable cont. * 5p = 100a (unlikely but safety) is this the correct calculation?

We’re talking about the unity specifically but I will edit for clarities sake

2 Likes

Where does one go about looking for a 6374 210kV motor? I know @mackann used to have some but is out of stock. Any alternatives??

Maytech

2 Likes

Thankssss.