Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

@Swish Yeah, those are standard M5 Wood Inserts which are typically available everywhere. We have some upgraded ones but I don’t seem to have any photos atm.

2 Likes

im talking about changing the speed for each mode

1 Like

So before i had opened up the battery i emailed their team to ask for the battery and BMS specs. They replied with the follow specs (below picture) I read that and was like wtf, why would they put 60A when the BMS clearly states 40A. Let them know putting up incorrect information could possibly lead to injuries. smh… lesson learned.

1 Like

The stainless inserts are much better… a lot more expensive but easier to achieve a good finish with a flush surface ready for a nice neoprene hatch seal.

3 Likes

If I was you I would not use those inserts. Don’t even try installing them using an allen wrench. Instead, put a bolt in them (with a nut, found that easier) and install them that way.

When you want to be sure you don’t ever have to break your board getting them out, get these:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Anyone here ever successfully parallel two escs’ to a single motor?

4 Likes

Does anybody know how these lights work? Can’t get them to power on.

What’s the voltage? Those look like generic 12v or 24v cobs. They’ll turn on when you feed em enough voltage but still recommend a constant current driver if you want any real life out of em.

1 Like

No idea. I got them for free without any infos. I tried some small remote lipos but not 24v yet. I only have a massive 1.5kg 12Ah 6s lipo that i could try.

1 Like

Slapping random voltages on without any info might just blow them instantly. But the only other option would be to use a CC-CV driver and progressively stepping up the voltage. If 12v doesn’t do anything, then maybe 24v will. Or it could be even higher, They range possibly from 3v up to 50v.

2 Likes

Nice - So I had originally posted as I was having terrible trouble getting them out (2 broke inside the deck…) and I am installing my gear on a new deck.

I will check out local hardware store/eBay for those little gems instead!

1 Like

Im planning to upgrade my 13s e bike with a vesc. Is there a reliable vesc for 13s or possibly even higher voltage? If i use use a 12s vesc i need a lot of caps and a TVS diode right?
Im asking this because my Hub motor does not even get warm with my 1500w controller and i was planning on pumping some more amps though it to get better acceleration and (Maybe more speed)

3 Likes

No, it won’t work without the controllers being custom-designed for it.

1 Like

Has anyone else drilled the motor wire holes in the wrong end of the enclosure? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just run with it. Now it’s a front wheel drive.

6 Likes

Not yet, but I did just spend 2 hours today flipping my enclosure/motors b/c of a similar screwup.

1 Like

Lol, I’ll just run the loop key through it and say it was intentional

1 Like

Any reason you’re not considering a purpose-made ebike controller?

2 Likes

Just go 4wd :muscle::muscle::muscle:

3 Likes