Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

It will be the latest stable release from that link, so good to go.

1 Like

Then the only thing I can think of is your BMS is discharging that group unnecessarily. I had a similar issue on my bike due to an accidental misconnection burning out one of the balance transistors. Luckily for me, my BMS had a couple spare channels I was able to steal the requisite components from, so I could avoid buying a new BMS.

3 Likes

Can you elaborate this for me please? Are you talking higher s count on a lower count battery?

The BMS I use for my ebike is one of those “smart BMS”, which is configurable from 10-24 cells, and either LiFePO4, Li-Ion, or Lithium Titanate cell chemistry. Since my battery is 20s, I had four unused channels left over which I could steal components from.

My initial damage was a result of my battery being split into two packs, one 8s and one 12s, with two separate balance leads and one large series connection between them - I accidentally plugged them in reverse order, so the first 8 cells relative to BMS ground, were plugged into balance pins 13-20 rather than 1-8.

1 Like

If you lower that to 15T motor and 40T wheel on TB 110 wheels, 190Kv you will have more torque and higher range. With a sacrifice of a little top-speed

6 Likes

Thanks so much for your help!
That second vesc tool did the trick.

1 Like

Anyone had a unity that powers on but can’t be programmed through bluetooth or cable?

Can pick it up for $100 but not really that keen if its just a brick.

Tried an ST link or a SWD flash?

2 Likes

In general the Help menu will have an About option that shows the version of the software (honestly not sure if VESC tool has this but very common for graphical programs to include this).

Unfortunatley TorqueBoards only sells 170kv 6380s so I’m a bit stuck. But it’s alright, I’ll have more than enough range

Hello there, glad There is a noob thread :blush:

What charger do you guys recommend for my 10s4p diy … something with balancing?! Any links to a good charger?

3 Likes

If your pack has/will have a good BMS, it will handle the balancing. You can get a good basic charger a lot of places. Do you still have chargers for sale @kellag ?

6 Likes

i’ve had good dealings with these chargers for 10s

4 Likes

I don’t have it yet, but i do have an st link.

Is there instructions anywhere for reflashing firmware on unity?

Not exactly sure what you want to accomplish; however, if you want to flash your VESC, you may perhaps find these instructions here useful > https://vesc-project.com/comment/225#comment-225

1 Like

The unity uses different firmware so I am not sure how this post applies to it.
I don’t think it even has a SWD port.

2 Likes

Sold mine, the metroboard is prob the best deal atm.

1 Like

Not a noob question but just a noob using mboards battery pack … let’s just didn’t end very well lol

3 Likes

Is there a how to thread for winfly compression modules? I see the different files in thinverse. I’m unsure how to arrange them to get 10s2p

2 Likes

@Winfly :arrow_up:

3 Likes