Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Make sure the BMS lead wires are all good, sometimes the BMS is fine, but some wire is not. Well, the BMS is dead, often, too.

Yeah true, I just saw 2 and 2 and assumed 2 series 2 parallel.

:sweat_smile: :rofl:

It stems from me somehow coming to the conclusion I had 10s2p which is not correct also. Haha, still heaps to learn thank god for this thread!

1 Like

There are no dumb questions, just answers that make you feel dumb afterwards. :stuck_out_tongue:

Better to ask, than to continue blindly.

Think of the P part of your pack as a multiplicative factor. If you have 10s1p, you have 10 cells. If you have 10s4p, you have 40 cells. Since you’ve got five 2s1p lipos, and since math is commutative, 5x(2x1) = 10x1 as in 10s1p.

7 Likes

Thanks heaps man, I am confident you’ve saved me and many others from broken electronics or burnt houses!

And dumb answers after a few beers :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

:joy: :joy:

I believe as skaters (of high powered death machines) we are allowed to be a bit dumb

8 Likes
1 Like

My 10s4p pack only charges up to 94%. There’s a S group that doesn’t seem to be charging and is stuck at 3.50v while the remaining 9 S groups are fine at 4.10 each. I don’t think the cells in that particular S group are bad since I’m able to charge up that S group individually. I’ve already checked the wiring and connections. It is a bad BMS? Any ideas?

anyone? @torqueboards

what is meepov3 with 300 miles worth has brand new. Charger

1 Like

Depends. What battery? What esc? Did you get the HW or YingLi version? New price 429$

2 Likes

Standard battery life Hong 6.5li-ying 6.5

I’m having issues with my flipsky 4.12 vesc. I cant update firmware or bootloader using the VESC tool.

When I connect the vesc I get this

and when I try to updated the firmware I this

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile: thank you.

2 Likes

You need to download the newest version of VESC Tool:

https://vesc-project.com/vesc_tool

Alternatively, you can try Ackmaniac version:

5 Likes

I’m so goddamn proud of you

2 Likes

Ugh, good enough

1 Like

Does the stuck group change at all during charge/discharge? If not, then it must be a bad series connection - basically that group got skipped when you were doing your series connections.

You need a newer version of vesc tool, looks like.

The stuck group discharged fine. The pack started out at 100% when I first built it. Then I rode the board down to 50% but then it only charges back up to 94%. Also, my series connection are spot welded of .2mm nickel strips and the groups are stuck together good.

Hi mate I downloaded the vesc too from that link is there way to check the vesc tool version?

1 Like