Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Isn’t there a volt meter on the board?

3 Likes

Bumped your original account, so you can go back to that. Will delete new.

2 Likes

thanks i appreciate that

3 Likes

4 Likes

I don’t know brother. Nothing is really popping out at me. At this point I would take the silicon shield off the unity and check the solder quality at the phase wire pads. The phase wires are 3 black wires then a space, then 3 black wires. It unlikely that’s the issue though.

Maybe disconnect the battery for a few mins from the unity then reconnect and try again. Also maybe reboot your PC and try again or better yet another PC.

1 Like

ive done everything there except taking off the lid, i used my roommates computer, but it didnt recognize the focbox and said it malfunctioned. ive also unplugged the battery multiple times and left it to just sit, and gone through the process again. I’m concerned that the issue is with the focbox, is there any way that you know of to reset the box to factory defaults, i feel as though i messed something up in the flashing stage.

1 Like

i also havent tried rebooting i guess i can try that as well

That’s what I was wondering.

@Deodand

Is there a procedure for walking the Unity back to factory settings?

I truly think that would fix it, another option would be getting an earlier firmware and trying to flash that before my app crashes again.

for the record my battery wont charge past 94 now xD im back to square one and all ive done is made it 100x worse lmao

I think you will have to have USB access to reflash again. Reflashing is the only way I know of to reset to defaults the unity.

damn, now ive got an overpriced longboard to deal with xD

1 Like

As a noob to some differences between BLDC and FOC setups:

1. Can you have sensored BLDC?
  2. Can you have unsensored FOC?
  3. Is unsensored FOC pull off that much smoother than unsensored BLDC?
  4. Does unsensored FOC get cogging?
  5. Do all VESC based support sensored/unsensored BLDC/FOC?
2 Likes

It sucks, been there myself. Wait on @Deodand to reply, he will have more info than anyone.

alright i appreciate the help, ive got school tomorrow… guess ill be walkin… xD see you all tomorrow

2 Likes

Yes
Yes
Yes
Not really, if it does up the startup boost value
Most do, the unity only runs in FOC.

1 Like

What’s the best one (in your opinion) that supports all combinations with up to 80A constant draw per motor? Does it support AS5047 too?

Sounds to me that your unity has lost your original settings and you will need to setup again. Go through the setup wizard again. Does that work?

seeing this reminds me.
I had a friend that does electrical enginering, he worked a bit w/ motors and stuff, and we were talking about bldc and foc.
He asked me what foc was because he was not aware of it so i explained that the vesc controls the power before going to the motor while bldc is much more raw (rawer?).

But then he asked me what foc stand for?
I don’t know lol, i have always seen its abbreviated form.
Same for bldc, what does that stand for?

And is it possible to have a more in depth understanding on what the vesc does in order to smooth things out for foc?

1 Like