Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

This post needs to be migrated here: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/the-difference-between-motors-commutation-bldc-vs-foc-trapeziodal-sinosuidal/3002

2 Likes

Also, BLDC stands for BrushLess Direct Current and FOC stands for Field Oriented Control. I think what people usually call BLDC is actually PWM which stands for Pulse Width Modulation.

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Hi
I need some advise :sweat_smile:

yesterday i changed the esc on my meepo classic … and yes of cause i switched the wires too the motors wrong
so now when its in reverse it goes forward :shushing_face:

so my question is = is it okay too just let it be that way?
The brake still works

1 Like

Just switch 2 of the phase wires around for each motor and it should go back the right way :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for answer

yeeaaa… soo the problem is that i first discovered this fail after i super clued around the esc case, :sweat_smile: so stupid.
so i really do not want to open it up again, if possible
Do you think it will cause a problem in ride ?

1 Like

Nah i don’t think there will be any problem :man_shrugging: do you get the same speed and torque in reverse as you do in forward?

1 Like

Hi was wondering if I could use a flipsky vx2 remote (uart port required) but not use canbus so something like instead of split ppm we have split uart

Awesome !
yes i think it is the same but i will test that today :+1:

1 Like

You can keep it that way (if both motors spinning in same direction) and just leave reverse direction set on the remote. Just make sure it doesn’t reset/revert when the board and remote are powered off and on.

Okay so i just did a test and got some pretty interesting results

Dont know if it a result of wrong wires or the fact i also changed the PU SLEEVES magnets ?
But i still got speed and its faster than before

Before, topspeed =40 kph
Now , topspeed = 47kph

either way im not complaining :rofl:

1 Like

maybe your new sleeves got a bigger diameter than before.
if you switched to 100mm now it could be.

1 Like

Yeah no worries. I have a hub board that does this, I just leave it in reverse and put an F and R sticker on the remote just in case.

1 Like

Thanks for answer

So both motors is spinning same way, and if i set it in forward it goes backwards.
it looks like i can revert it with no problem ? but dont know

Awesome !
the last thing i would like too do right now is to open op the esc after the superglue treatment :sweat_smile:
next years fix

1 Like

the wheels is same size ? but maybe magnets got bigger :man_shrugging: but the faster the better right

look- meepo offers 2 sizes of wheel sleeves within the magnets. 90mm and 100mm. the bigger the wheel diameter the higher your top speed.
I could bet you had the 90mm and now them 100mm!

1 Like

Where did you get the readings from? Because this would not happen. Same motors, same esc, same battery=same speed.

1 Like

went from 90 mm to 90 mm wheels no change in size 82517384_2558307704402289_1232286895304605696_n|666x500

1 Like

30 min ago i did a speed test outside, with gps speedometer
I also think its strange :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If you find it faster, all that matters.

1 Like