Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Can anyone confirm that @torqueboards 63mm motors are compatible with @Boardnamics mounts? I assume yes but I just want to check before I spend a bunch of shekels…

1 Like

Well I guess I could just go a little smaller on size, just need center distance. Since it is calc for 16/44, im going to run 16/42 so 5-10mm less belt should be okay?

Yah just a matter of figuring out that center to center value (or range) for a given mount, I can get you some pics with rulers in view to figure it out but I figured Dexter has the designs can probably get more accurate numbers for a given mount from him insofar as that part is concerned.

1 Like

Exactly, nothin lol.
If you don’t put the bearing it just wobbles loose

1 Like

Then the only recourse is to either buy dickyhos old bolt on version (if you can) or @torqueboards kegel bolt ons.

:wink:

2 Likes

Haha
I was going to tell you to ask @Brenternet he loves a wheel so pulleys are a must.

Glad you got it sorted.

1 Like

FML, packing my house and garage up for the move this week and found a good 12 pairs of pulleys, all push fit though.

3 Likes

The center-center range is on the site for the BN mounts, so that’s already good. Just need to make sure the motor mounting slots are the right distance.

How do I get this out?

@Jordicious after re reading it think just miscommunication was responding to @Resonant about the center to center distance for the pulleys just mixed up in the thread here.

Battery on 13s, loaded max erpm <60,000 erpm both 170kv, 190kv (using focboxes). Should I do 170kv 16/42, or 190kv 15/44? regarding TB 6374/6380 and their respective kvs.

1 Like

Gotcha lol.
Pardon my bumbling😅

When in doubt, lower KV is better (within reason) IMO. Unloaded KV is something to be wary of too - One unlucky pull of the throttle and things can go poof, especially on 13s.

Even 170KV will hit 64K ERPM at full voltage/no load.

1 Like

if I ask really nicely will @eBoosted give me a discount code :pensive:

I see, even though some have been even using 190kv on focboxes still.

Bummer I have a set of these trucks and wheels on the way I do prefer press fits, looks like the evolve kegal pulleys might fit. Dex what were you thinking?

1 Like

they won’t. evolve are press fit and you need a bearing.
+the bearing is 10mm for evolves shoulder on their trucks.
You will have to buy some bolts on :pensive:

1 Like

Didn’t Evolve stop producing kegel core pulleys?

edit: it looks like they are currently in stock again, disregard

1 Like

Is this clicking sound normal? Running in foc. It clicks every time i accelerate or let go.

EDIT: not sure why the video gets uploaded like that…
EDIT : uploaded to youtube

2 Likes