Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

for your next foray try powering the receiver straight outta the box!
then youā€™ll know
and

itā€™s easy easy de-pinningā€¦ use your flush-cut pliers and cut apart the plastic holding the pins togetherā€¦ grab pin at the far endā€¦ heat the other side of the PC solder join and carefully pull on the pinā€¦

honestly it will take me longer to retype the above than to depin and re-solder all 4 pinsā€¦

5 Likes

Yeah that would have been the best plan.

FUCK FLIPSKY.

4 Likes

and
mBoards

6 Likes

Use cable ties to keep the XT90 or XT60 from vibrating apart.

5 Likes

This is good. I guess you tried flipping the ppm plug?

1 Like

Look at me and you on the noob thread

Just like old times lol

2 Likes

I have a TB nano collecting dust.

2 Likes

Benchwheel remote plugs straight in, no fucking around with wires here there and everywhere and just works straight up :+1:

Now i canā€™t get the bkb bluetooth module to connect to vesc tool :rofl:

3 Likes

Build skateboards they said

Its fun they saidā€¦

6 Likes

Oh the joys. The hard parts are over. The board runs. Iā€™ll get the bluetooth going somehow, hand it back and tell him i never want to see it again :rofl:

1 Like

:eyes: @Dareno

1 Like

Need a remote?

1 Like

Well, hello there sailor.

2 Likes

Can somebody tell me the difference between MBS Matrix II and MBS Matrix II Pro trucks?
Both have the same plastic baseplate and seem quite similar. MBS (global) doesnt list the pro version and MBS Europe has the same description for both. Still the Pro are 5GBP more expensive. Also the MBS painting is different and the shock blocks. Still I donā€™t know what is really 5GBP different?!

Hollow vs solid axles is the only functional difference. The plastic baseplates are not good, last I heard they were upgrading all of them to the metal one, but that probably takes longer to roll out the further from home base the distributor is.

3 Likes

I believe it was @Deckoz who wrote up a fantastic guide on setting the fail-safe of the Nano X remote, so that, if it loses signal / turns off, the PPM value the vesc sees would go to neutral / slight break / whatever the user wants to set it to. Now that heā€™s gone, so is the guide. Does anyone have a copy / know the procedure?

I vaguely remember it being a combination of shorting some of the receiver wires while turning the board on, and then turning it off while the remote is set to the position you want it to default toā€¦

1 Like

And which is which?
Any other recommendations for a channel truck?
Had the Kheo and was always wondering why all my wheels wobble like hell. Today I measured the axis diameterā€¦11.6mm instead of 12.0 :grimacing: ā€¦on all 4 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
So Iā€™d like a new truck for the driven wheels at leastā€¦

1 Like

The more expensive one is the one w/ hollow axles, but you should contact whoever you get them from to make sure youā€™re getting what you expect. In 'murica, they donā€™t differentiate by name, but the hollow axle ones are sold w/ the metal baseplates, solid axles w/ the plastic bases. YMMV.

Trampa channel trucks are dope.

:no_mouth:

I never got mine to connect eitherā€¦ let me know if you find the problem

1 Like

@dickooze recently explained this here:

If you guys arenā€™t permanently binding your nano/nanox/winning remotes So you basically jump the ground and signal pins on the receiver pins on the bind channel. Then power board up. Hold channel 2 button in and power up the remote. Wait for lights to go solid and Center the throttle with a spring flick ( pull back to full brake then let go ). Pull bind pin to set failsafe. Turn off board and remote. Adjust endpoints in bldc software if you have to and youā€™re good to go.

2 Likes