Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Donā€™t know where else to put this, so dropping it hereā€¦

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some 5095 motors? Only thing I can find has a MOQ of 200 10 :roll_eyes:.

2 Likes

I know @Linny uses some

is this looking right for a 10s4p (double stacked) and Bestech D140 charge only BMS?
BKB has the wiring diagram without the balance leads, wanted to confirm that I donā€™t use the B- balance lead,
thanks!

This. Also donā€™t touch the bastard for 4 days after applying the automotive epoxy. Just. Donā€™t. Touch. It.

When you finally do, it will be badass

Still trying to work through fixing my unityā€¦
The issues only seem to show up at low speeds, but theyā€™re still quite severe.
Applying too much throttle right after launch can lock up the wheels and/or make an awful screeching sound that Iā€™d record if I wasnā€™t afraid to replicate it. Also, applying too much current at low speeds can have a weird braking effect.
From the research Iā€™ve done, it seems like this is caused by stator flux saturation but I canā€™t find any resources on how to reduce itā€¦ If anyoneā€™s had this kind of experience Iā€™d appreciate any tips you can provide :slight_smile:

1 Like

No ā€“ check these instead

If there is no C- on the BMS then put the C- wires on P-

1 Like

great, thank you kind sir!

Also your numbers are switched

The thing you labeled B10 is actually B0 (same as B-) which some BMS donā€™t have a spot for, and some do

The thing you labeled B9 is B1
The thing you labeled B8 is B2
The thing you labeled B7 is B3
The thing you labeled B6 is B4
The thing you labeled B5 is correct
The thing you labeled B4 is B6
The thing you labeled B3 is B7
The thing you labeled B2 is B8
The thing you labeled B1 is B9

The battery positive is B10

my labelling on the battery or the BMS is wrong?
this is the BMS, it has a B- and P-

The BMS is correct

Your diagram is not

B0 = B- which is the most-negative of all the wires
B1 is slightly more positive than B- (B0)
B2 is slightly more positive than B1
B3 is slightly more positive than B2
B4 is slightly more positive than B3

et cetera

B10 is the most positive wire which is also called B+

Thanks Brian,
that explains it perfectly!

Tolerance on these rockstar pros is reallllllly tightā€¦ short of sanding off the paint, what are my options to get these bearings seated properly?

@mbs any tips?

1 Like

Donā€™t you want them really tight? Whatā€™s the problem

2 Likes

You could try gently heating the hubā€¦ If you donā€™t want that bearing to ever come out.

The problem is that I canā€™t even get them in! I feel like iā€™ll break the hubs if i apply too much pressure

If thatā€™s true then thereā€™s something wrong with the fit, you put the bearing on the axle and pushed down with the hub?

1 Like

Yep, it goes on a tiny bit but then just gets stuck and wonā€™t go any further.

Damn with full pressure? I would try another hub and bearing and if that still persists then there is a problem with the fit. You should not alter anything

Maybe try on a disassembled hub?
And try that bearing on a known good wheel to see if itā€™s too big maybe?

1 Like

The bearings came out of my rockstars, there was no issue with them thereā€¦ will try seperating the hubs :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming: i just put tyres on all of them

2 Likes