Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

You can get fixed angle ones here which is all you need if you are running the trucks on a street deck.

2 Likes

See? Easy as once we get you located.

Don’t look out of your window…

2 Likes

@Darkie02

@Dareno will be watching you from now on

3 Likes

Might have a little peep…

Was looking at them but only used 55/55 or 55/45 was thinking of trying drop through with the extra hight of adjustable on next build give me a chance to try difrent angles

Found these but only have blue in stock

Sick boards no longer have them wondering if any one else had any plates to look

1 Like

why don’t you get the hammocks from @mikenyc

2 Likes

Look up 1 post

I got some major vibrations coming from my gear drive. This makes my foot hurt quite a bit, I think it is creating more vibrations than most roads are. I don’t think the trampas camber is helping much. Is this just because it is a gear drive? Would this be solved by switching to a belt drive? Not sure why so many vibrations are coming from my gear drive. Maybe using pneumatics would solve this? I don’t think gummies are helping any. A few minutes in my ride and my feet are in pain

that connector goes to the esc, its the standard motor plug. I have two esc’s and they are the torque board they are connected via can bus. The 10s2p battery is from metro boards and the cells and bms are “generic.”

At what speeds do you experience these vibrations the most? Gummies are known to not do well over 25mph.

tested it off the ground. Not the gummies 100% the drive vibrations that are going into my feet.

1 Like

did you take off the wheel?

If I took off the wheel the gear wouldn’t be aligned.

1 Like

oh shit thats right my bad. can you take off the urethane? It likes to separate at high rpm

Sounds normal but there is a lot of vibrationm transfers some to the carabiner to show how much. I think moving itself also shows some. I feel a lot of vibration whel holding the board in the air by the binding and the board itself when touching it.

@Brently did you experience this when you ran gummies on your gear drive?

Thanks for all the great details! I have some reading up to do! Will post back when I am all caught up.

1 Like

Okay, apparently my questions weren’t clear. Let me ask again, more carefully.

What are your battery settings in vesc tool?

What are your motor settings in vesc tool?

What are your sensor settings in vesc tool?

Is your battery meter set correctly?

1 Like

So I have a board, but I haven’t ridden it in several months… it’s a mess. I’m running a Flipsky 4.12 vesc and a 6384 190kv motor… with 2, 3s 2200mah lipos in series that are 2 years old that I run in an rc :joy::joy::joy: so you could say I’m in need of an overhaul. I’m planning on building an 18650 battery pack that is 10s2p, maybe 10s3p if I’m feeling it, due to the fact that I don’t have much money to contribute to this project, and that I would only really need 6 miles from a pack with a charge of 4v (charging the pack to 4v instead of 4.2 to maximize on cycles) of range to and from school. I was wondering, what is the best 18650 to use in a pack taking into account my max budget of 125$ for a pack and that I can only do 50a continuous in my vesc. I will also be skinning a new board in carbon fiber and getting new, wider 220mm CNC hangers for my caliber 2 trucks for greater stability. I guess my question is… What batteries should I use, what deck size is best, and what do you recommend I do as I update and remake my board into what it should be?

I was thinking of making a low profile kydex plastic enclosure to encapsulate my electronics and hug them close to the deck for best clearance… I was going to purchase a cheap drop through deck and skin it in carbon fiber and epoxy… any opinions or recommendations on this front? (I know how to make both, so I don’t need forums on the processes)