Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

someone mentioned running RKP trucks on MTB decks. what angle baseplates would be needed to make that work?

Depends on the MTB deck, some are 35 degree and some are 15 degree. You can run 35 degree baseplates on a 15 degree deck and it will feel normal but sit slightly low

1 Like

i have a 35Ā° deck, what are my options?

You can fork out for a 35 degree riser from 3DServisas, get one of the fancy new adjustable baseplates, or run a 15 degree baseplate (randal I think)

1 Like

Boardnamics has both solid angle and adjustable trucks. Is the adjustable angle worth the $50?

1 Like

there was a guy selling them super cheap but i need to find him

edit

Not sure where he went thoughā€¦

608 for 8mm axles urethane and 6" wheels
6900 for 10mm axles urethane and 6" wheels
6001 for12mm axles

1 Like

That also depends on the battery and the pulleys

170kv is it good starting place though for 12s and 10s batteries.

For a wheel that big youā€™d want at least a 40t pulley if not 44t.

1 Like

12s 6p battery

Thanks

@Venom121212 and @RyEnd Sorry for the delay guys. Yes, the Metal Matrix II top truck can convert to be an old style Matrix Pro top truck (i.e. spring version) by removing that ā€œmetal barā€.
With respect to metal vs. nylon we used to always provide two options for our matrix trucks (metal and nylon) to give people options with respect to price and weight. More and more people are just wanting metal so maybe the nylons will go away at some point.

6 Likes

Really.hoping someone could help with this, itā€™s not getting any errors anymore but the motor is cogging badly only when there is weight on it. It also does it when I apply full brake but not everytime

I changed settings to 45 motor 30 battery.

Check this video, Iā€™m riding on the grass to further stress test it but it happens on smooth concrete at low speed aswell itā€™s very intermittent but gradually gets worse then happens alot.

And 5 mins later if I smash throttle and let it run max for a while without being on the board it seems to almost ā€œwarm upā€?

Most of my replacements have been my fault :stuck_out_tongue:
Replaced wheels cause my first set was rock hardā€¦
Belts cause I overtightened and broke oneā€¦
Escā€™s cause I didnā€™t buy ones with brakesā€¦
And now my motors cause I put 80a through a motor that shouldā€™ve been limited to less than half that.

Oh well, as long as Iā€™m learning Iā€™m happy to tinker about :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys, I was wondering if putting a fuse in series with the charging port was only to protect the BMS + additional protection. I.e., if I trust my BMS to cut the power in over current situations, can one live without a fuse?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the way I see itā€¦ and thereā€™s no way I would trust any BMS for the sake of adding a little fuseā€¦

1 Like

If you want a brand i can recommend Zealous.

Been using Zealous bearings on my board for 1 1/2 years, several thousand Km. Rain, Mud,Snow ,salt , Dust,Sand. Not cleaned once. (well i brushed off the dust on the outside with a brush but thats all.)

They still run like a champ.

3 Likes

The most important fuse in any build is the charge port. All the rest can be argued but a charge port fuse will protect from any kind of battery issue and cut power before flames.

Charging is usually done under your roof. All other fuses may blow while riding and while that may become an issue if hurtling downhill at 40mph without brakes, it wonā€™t burn your house down when youā€™re having dinner.

4 Likes

Any one know were I could get some SR RKP adjustable base plates?

1 Like

If you donā€™t fill out location on your profile then its hard because if you are outside the Us then no diceā€¦

oh waitā€¦

you were joking.

My bad

1 Like

Having a dig to see if I can work out how to edit my profile

UK in the mean time

1 Like