Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Yes Iā€™d start there. I would bump up your battery amps for more oomf (to a degree) but donā€™t go over 50a on motor. Iā€™d say 50/40a motor/battery amps would be max I would push through and there motor/battery constant power ratio isnt ideal at that point.

No need to change this.

Rider weight has an impact. PU wheels have at least 50% more efficient Wh/mile than pneumatics, one motor vs two.

Really, if you want more hill climbing power though youā€™ll need to look towards a dual as a single motor will likely be a bottle neck.

1 Like

Dual is definitely on the cards for the future, it gets up the hills but not with ease and it doesnā€™t like it very much.

Awesome, thanks again for the help I was so worried I broke this already!

1 Like

I would adjust settings and play it safe for awhile. It may be fine on flats but run into issues on a hard take off or heavy uphill. With any new build, be careful as you make changes

1 Like

Very good advice just took it for a ride and almost ate gravel.

Itā€™s still doing it. Even with settings as per above should I just give it a rest for today and it will work itself out?

The following faults were registered since start:

Fault : FAULT_CODE_ABS_OVER_CURRENT
Current : 14.4
Current filtered : 144.1
Voltage : 39.90
Duty : 0.005
RPM : 9578.4
Tacho : 1294490
Cycles running : 178751
TIM duty : 263
TIM val samp : 131
TIM current samp : 26505
TIM top : 52747
Comm step : 1
Temperature : 51.10

Current : 35.0
Current filtered : 139.4
Voltage : 38.82
Duty : 0.005
RPM : 7940.6
Tacho : 1521148
Cycles running : 146516
TIM duty : 271
TIM val samp : 135
TIM current samp : 26467
TIM top : 52664
Comm step : 5
Temperature : 67.78

Current : -62.3
Current filtered : 137.5
Voltage : 39.36
Duty : 0.097
RPM : 12592.1
Tacho : 1787118
Cycles running : 235097
TIM duty : 2472
TIM val samp : 1236
TIM current samp : 13986
TIM top : 25500
Temperature : 47.17

1 Like

Well, itā€™s possible itā€™s damaged. Itā€™s also possible itā€™s just a Flipsky. Interesting it failed at exactly 35amp on two drv over current errors

Try it with 35 motor amps, 25 battery.

Be careful, please. You might have a bad ESC.

These are the pair I have. I can safely run them at 45-50/35 motor/battery, but Iā€™m not sure of this revision vs yours. Theyā€™ve changed a lot but thereā€™s a lot of old inventory floating around. None of it is great because flipsky :confused:

4 Likes

Yeah itā€™s strange it performed so well one day and the next itā€™s almost wrecked. Iā€™ll turn it right down and take it slow for a bit and if it continues at that level I am going to have to assume its bad.

Although it isnā€™t getting DRV error.

Actually the above errors first two are from the previous time I had not cleared the terminal the latest error that really let me know there was an error (after changing the settings) looked like this. - 62.3 current? @DerelictRobot

Current : -62.3
Current filtered : 137.5
Voltage : 39.36
Duty : 0.097
RPM : 12592.1
Tacho : 1787118
Cycles running : 235097
TIM duty : 2472
TIM val samp : 1236
TIM current samp : 13986
TIM top : 25500
Temperature : 47.17

1 Like

Has anyone tinkered with an exway x1? Wondering if itā€™s feasible to take the running gear and put it on a new deck with new batteryā€¦

I love mine, but I could do with a better deck and a little more than 5km range :rofl:

Edit: I seem to recall @sofu may have done some exway tinkering?

1 Like

Isnā€™t @BillGordon our resident ā€œExway Expertā€ ?

3 Likes

Yes I believe he is :rofl: just not sure if he has tinkered.

2 Likes

Bastard!

2 Likes

I have not. Iā€™m more of a ā€œlove it for what it isā€ type. The running gear is surprisingly good, so I understand the inclination.

2 Likes

I was just trying in vain to find it for you, but someone on the old forum gutted one of these with the intention of putting 18650 cells in there. It looked to me like he permanently killed any hope of structural integrity in the process.

2 Likes

Just leave it alone. It is what it is

4 Likes

Yeah itā€™s true, and for now itā€™s great as a beer run board, but the battery is just getting worse and worse :unamused:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen an excellent 18650 conversion but it was just a dude here in Melbourne, and I have no way of getting in touch. And if Iā€™m gonna do it, it would be great to ditch the deck.

3 Likes

Hi skunk do you have a link to tyres like that?
Wide ones
Thanks

Just wide wheels?
What core?

Thanks skunk yes just wide ones like those 110mm o es
Soppose with those 170kv motors would be best?

What bearing do we generally use?