Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

You can set your motor amps as high as you want at the risk of melting your motor. But don’t exceed your battery amps past what your battery is capable of or :fire::fire::fire:

Edit: yes, the esc A limit is battery amps :+1:

1 Like

Got it. Its a 10s4p 30p pack with a 4.12 50A vesc and sk3 192kv 80A 6374 Motor.

So technically it could go
B:49A/M:79A

1 Like

1 Like

Do the vibrations also vibrates your deck and into your feet?

Not really. It just happens when its without load i think. I if drive and come to a stop it doesn’t appear.

I see. Just sound. Weird why mine is vibrating so much

Primarely yes. THe second video is from my super early prototyping, the top more “recent” I think there is a bit of vibration but like i said i only feel it on a bench, even then its just for a fraction of time.

I have one serious fucking problem.
These are my reading from my evolve 42v battery.

B1+ 0V
B2+ 33.5V
B3+ 11.1V
B4+ 7.3V
B5+ 3.6V
B6+ 18.6V
B7+ 14.7V
B8+ 29.7V
B9+ 26V
B10+ 22.3V
B11+ 37.2V

And yes, that is in order, i double and triple checked and that is the nonsense the voltmeter gives me.
I don’t understand because the total voltage of 37.2V is correct.

Maybe the numbers are not in descending order but randomized, voltage readings be like all previous s voltages combined + current voltage of the B(x)

1 Like

That would make sense only if 2 months ago i had these readings
B1+ 0V
B2+ 3.9V
B3+ 7.7V
B4+ 11.8V
B5+ 15.7V
B6+ 19.7V
B7+ 23.6V
B8+ 27.6V
B9+ 31.6V
B10+ 35.6V
B11+ 39.6V

So yeah…
I have used the battery once since then with a d140 bms then i stopped using it for a month. I am wondering if the d140 charged all the ce
oh… these are lipos and d140 are li ion bms’s aren’t they…

Seems likely something on the balance wires is shorting or otherwise has a bridged connection hence the weird readings. Theres no chance in hell 2 cells are charged to 30V I would tear the pack shrinkwrap off and measure directly on the cells and inspect balance wires.

Anything upward of then recommended 4.2V per cell is unsafe, quad raceers overcharge sometimes but is a bad practice and fire risk.

1 Like

I have never done this before on a lipo pack, is there anything i should look out for apart from piercing a lipo?
I can see no inflated pack but then it is in shrinkwrap.

Mind if i go to you in pm with this because i read how flamable a lipo is and i am not to confident?

1 Like

Yah no worries just getting moving though can ping yah or try me in like 30min and should be near a real keyboard can do some live help if stuck.

1 Like

The 50a continuous you reference is motor current. The heat the motor and vesc see is proportional to the motor current. The vesc and motor can do up to 120a motor current for a short time (firmware limited) with 120a motor current limit setting, even if you limit the battery current limit setting to 20a — this will happen full throttle at the lower end of your speed range in BLDC. As the speed increases the motor current and torque will drop fairly quickly with increasing speed with a 20a battery limit, for example. With a 30a battery limit setting for comparison, the motor current and torque will also decrease with increasing speed, but the decrease will be less at the same rpm. At a certain speed the motor current will drop to roughly the same value as the battery current (depending on the resistance and kv), and this is the same speed your motor puts out its peak mechanical power.

1 Like

yeah makes sense. When i currently start driving i easily reach 50A and haven’t even moved that much. Once i’m going the value drops significantly.

But this value still is usable?

B:49A/M:79A

I just set it to
Battery 45A and Motor 75A.

1 Like

sounds fine to me.

1 Like

Never used the gummies on gears yet only on the belt Lacroix

Black on the end is pack negative, red on the other end is pack positive. This is with the clip upside down so that the latch is facing down and the shiny connector bits are facing up

5 Likes

Is there no end to your talents picasso?

3 Likes

Lol this is drawn on my bench cover paper due to my lack of brain memory capabilities

5 Likes