Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Sounds like a bearing

1 Like

I should perhaps oil it?
I mean, the sound only appears during a certain ā€œrotationā€ speed I would say, especially when I release the throttle and it decelerate.

@b264 oil around the motor?

This will work, just take care that both batteries are same capacity/same number of cycles on then. It would be best to use two new identical batteries bought from the same batch.

1 Like

Perfect. They are 1:1 the same. Bought at the same time and always used them in series.Iā€™m just sick of the 5hours per battery charging with my single imax b6. I want a regular 12s charger, hence the bms.

1 Like

Thats good idea. Also, take care that all groups are same or near same voltage. Big voltage difference between groups could be hard to balance for bms.

Here you can read how to do it in details. Same case like yours:

1 Like

Fair point. Definitely not an easy issue to solve. Maybe an eskate pelican case?

It has been a while since I built my first board. I am currently doing some upgrades and at some point I got some antispark xt90s that I did not use. I canā€™t remember why I got them. So wheren in the circuit do you typically put antispark connectors?

bottom one

1 Like

After battery. Before anything you donā€™t want to stay on after pulling key.

1 Like

lol @J0ker

1 Like

I put oil in the motor when I service things and some of it comes out but whatever stays Iā€™m sure it helps. Especially if youā€™re running unsensored, it canā€™t hurt to be in there.

Does it make the noise when the pulley is not on the motor?

Had to redo my sensor wires after putting the new connector on there, the hall detection works now but still no motor temp but :man_shrugging: whatever I guess. Going to take a crack at that data logger code now since I have some time just need to find my pi zero W so getting stuff loaded from the internet isnā€™t too much hassle.

Yeah, I just put some lubricant on the bearings and it is maybe just a tiny bit better.

1 Like

Just ordered these

Wondering whether I should keep the hubs or just sell them

Are there any pulleys which fit them

dickyho got ya covered.

5 Likes

Who in Germany or the near EU would be willing to connect my 2x 6s lipos to a bestech d140 charge only bms?

I just canā€™t get into battery stuff. No matter how hard i try thereā€™s always something that confuses me.
Also, i donā€™t want to start a fire. Batteries and BMS will be provided by me (shipping of course too + a small compensation for the work)

Me and batteries :

2 Likes

Didnā€™t he say something about how they only work on his style bolting pattern

Also are the hubs any good or should I swap out for some mbs/trampa

Lol i am going to ask the same thing in the future with my build because i just donā€™t understand :rofl:

1 Like