Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Have you looped the switch on the bms?

It has to be switched on to charge.

1 Like

yes the switch is “ON” idk anymore mate, it should work but it doesnt, the BMS is litteraly brand new out of the package

1 Like

Maybe the bms is in protection mode. Try switching it on and off 5 times quickly. This resets the bms. I have the same one and it did this to me a couple of times.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a vesc data log from latest vedder firmware that I can reference to modify my logs to work with the new data log analyzer? Data logs from older firmware aren’t working with the new vesc tool and I suspect the column layout has changed.

There isn’t anything wrong with discharging through a BMS if you do it correctly. In fact it’s safer in some ways, and more dangerous in other ways.

2 Likes

I personally don’t like the idea of the BMS being able to disconnect my brakes because it thinks the battery is already fully charged and doesn’t need any more juice.

However there are pros and cons to both ways.

See the thread for that

2 Likes

Umm…
@torqueboards

Those bolts have threadlock. Always heat those bolts up before loosening the bolts especially if you feel its tight. @xsynatic :sob:

1 Like

It happened while screwing it in and it wasn’t even fully tight :sob:

:sob: ow no… still not fully tight?

No not really, there is still room.

Can someone post the link for windows FocBox tool? The links from esk8 builders aren’t loading for me

2 Likes

@xsynatic I’ll look at upgrading those bolts. :sob:

4 Likes

@Jacob I think it’s in here

2 Likes

@MarkOneBoards what are these pads labeled as?

1 Like

I have 2 of these in current builds and never had a serious issue. One did go into protection mode one time but that was my fault and the first one I had saved my house from burning to the ground when I wired up an xt90 backwards like a fool at 1am while 10 beers down.

My evo runs a special order 100 or 120amp version on a 12s4p and never has it cut out from over regen. I would recommend these because I actually have used them and they work.

2 Likes

Mount it to the bracket so you can tug on it. Give you something to hold on to. Should slide off

1 Like

Those screw aren’t supposed to go in until the head hits bottom. They’re supposed to go until the end of the screw is pinching the shaft.

You need @taz
Bottom left is b- middle should be p-
That diagram shared up post a bit came directly from bestech when this was discussed in the Deadzone a while back

Still not going then?

yeah Brian had that brilliant idea (not sure why i didn’t think of it.)