Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Bastard…

2 Likes

What’s wrong?

5 Likes

Can an xt60 realistically handle charging at 15 amps for 1-2 hours?

1 Like

Ok thanks!

Yes @anon54720240 is correct; the XT60 is rated 60A continuous which roughly translates to 120A peak for a few seconds. 15A continuous charging is no problem at all. You should fuse the charge circuit though. Just not the discharge circuit.

1 Like

dont buy it

7 Likes

I like you more everyday @moon

4 Likes

I live in Ohio, where should I go to get motor pulleys with decent shipping time (like a couple days)

Since it seems like a controversial subject, does anyone know if you’re supposed to hook up the D140 (12s 15a charge) B0 pin to the main Bat- or do we just leave it open?

Torqueboards for most parts,

Metro pulleys on a budget

Buildkitboards pulleys are more expensive but better quality (aluminium) so will last longer.
Go for steel pulleys if you want a tank of a board.

What do you mean “last longer?” Do your motor pulleys not last long? What do you do to them?!

1 Like

Are motor pulleys breaking a problem for people?

if you use your board in an intensive way, or even normally, the belt will slip eventually.
any continuous friction on plastic will degrade over time. On the other hand Aluminium will not have the same effect hence the longer life span.

No, thankfully not haha

Just to be clear are we talking about Motor pulleys or wheel pulleys, because ignore everything i said if you are looking for motor pulleys…
all motor pulleys are metal

1 Like

Nah thats not right. Probably all of them are made from 6061 alu

Get steel motor pulleys

4 Likes

Idk if I’ve already asked you or not, what part of Ohio?

1 Like

Macedonia, close to Cleveland. why do you ask?

1 Like

Drats, I’m in dayton/Cincinnati area.

Yeah that’s like the opposite side of Ohio. It would be pretty sweet if there was a fellow esk8er near me

@agentdev is a bit closer in Ashland.

I actually drive past Ashland quite frequently

1 Like