Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Fine! You 2 can be best friends and Iā€™ll just build all by myself down here :cry:

For real though, dude is cool and we should all meet up in Columbus sometime.

2 Likes

Itā€™s okay Mr. Venom, Iā€™ll be your friend. But yeah that would be nice, considering I am yet to talk face to face with anyone who shares this hobby

3 Likes

I feel your pain. I had to fly to Colorado just to meet some of these internet eskate people I call ā€œfriendsā€

There is a local group of prebuilt riders here but itā€™s not the same.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve met many prebuilt riders here, but they donā€™t know anything about their boards so itā€™s not much fun. The only fun part is destroying them in a race lol

2 Likes

For real. They were baffled that you could replace the battery with one not from boosted. Like boosted makes their own cells and locks their esc out from using any other battery.

1 Like

This dude I was talking to was amazed that my board went over 20mph

fixed @moon. thanks :call_me_hand:

@b264 here another take from today. Definitely will replace it. Still looks fine but canā€™t even go uphill or downhill for that matter.

https://youtu.be/bK7SzL1zPGs

1 Like

Woohoo! I ride all the time here, and sometimes Cleveland, Columbus, and Akron.

1 Like

Donā€™t buy dual ESCs

1 Like

Let me know next time you ride in Akron, Iā€™m currently at Akron University

1 Like

Sounds like either your motor moved, your idler moved, your mount bent, or your belt is failing. One of them.

Any particular reason why? Whatā€™s inherently bad about dual ESCā€™s?

when one part on a dual goes badā€¦ essentially you have two broken ESCs.

4 Likes

As much as thatā€™s a convincing argument against duals, I canā€™t really find any 100A-capable single ESCs that donā€™t cost more than a dual on their ownā€¦

Besides the aforementioned reason to not go dualā€¦ there arenā€™t really any 100A per channel dual (v)escs. Pushing a dual flipsky 6.xx is asking for thermal throttling, and the potential early death of the (v)esc. Next closest is the Unity which I think is rated to 80 a side?

100A+ single channel options areā€¦
200A FSESC
200A Maytech (v)esc
ā€¦ Probably some others I missed that you cannot buy new, including the Focbox with accessory cooling
ā€¦hopefully some other options in 2020

2 Likes

This is the esc I was looking at: link
Itā€™s (purportedly) good to 100A per channel, costs $219.
If I were to go with 2 single ESCs, the best-priced option is a Maytech VESC which would run me $165 apiece. Are the benefits of single ESCā€™s really worth the extra $100+? Thatā€™s most of the cost of another ESC right off the batā€¦

Gotta ship a mountain board across the states, what service to use? No battery, looks like $140 at the moment to ship it

Come on, someone has to know a better way

check with @klaus79856 I think he posted a bike shipper service a couple of times.

EDIT:

@ZachTetra this is who @klaus79856 recommended. https://www.bikeflights.com/