Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I want to bring my board home for thanksgiving and I think my batteries are within the 96 limit the FAA imposed (5ah*18.5v=92.5). Is there anything else I need to consider to make sure the TSA doesn’t steal them from me?

Make em look good. Heatshrink makes better impressions than tape.
Ps:dont know what your pack looks like

I have 2 5s lipos from turnigy with all the stickers still on it.

I heard that with a fire bag they wont even look twice

Guess i need one of those :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@gustavthemighty
FOUND IT. god that was pita to search for :rofl:

2 Likes

LMAO, I used an old camera lens case + empty coffee cardboard pack that I bent into shape. Have travelled through 4 airports with it and zero problems. They don’t even look at it twice. Its weird how I make a far bigger deal in my head than it is in real life.

3 Likes

Yah have heard the same with quads they are pretty used to it, so long as you follow the rules and doesn’t look like a bomb and is in a fire safe bag, believe bringing it on the plane isn’t a problem really most places. Would still check any arrival and departure locations to see what local policy is.

By “broken part” Brian meant the whole ESC.

US airports? and international airports or did you take them on an international flight?

International. I am in Europe. Uk , Spain and Poland

1 Like

damn that is good to know. who wants to try Singapore and Hongkong?:grimacing:

if adding more cells in parallel adds capacity, why does adding series cells increase the range too?

2 Likes

Noob question
so finally got my Trampa board up and running, just waiting on some new belts as the board has been sitting for years and the belts seem brittle and wont last 5 mins.

So what do you guys take with you when you ride, tools, spare belts etc? Be good to know if something goes wrong I have some bits to get me out the shit :slight_smile:

Thanks

spare tube, mini pump and the right hex keys to change a tire. I think the smarter thing to do is to just buy one extra wheel with a pulley. that way you can replace any of the 4 tires in case of a puncture. would take far less time to replace than changing a tube.

3 Likes

Good idea, thanks

More cells = more capacity.

More cells in series = more voltage

More cells in parallel = more current

2 Likes

But when I have a 12s5p 30q battery the capacity is 15ah and not 180ah

I want to get tb110 wheels. Do any kegal style pulleys work on them?

?

1 Like

I think the new version comes to fit those, the first batch had some issue with flipped cores or something :thinking:

@torqueboards?

2 Likes