Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

What a nightmare -__-

Have you tried powering down after updating and waiting 10-15 seconds and then plugging power source back in?

Donā€™t waste your blood pressure just download Acks

2 Likes

On what version of the VESC tool is ack currently based on?

Key benefits of ack vs ben?

Tell me moreā€¦

@ADrum707

Everything is explained here and itā€™s a great alternative to the og tool
As to how or why it works, :man_shrugging:ā€¦it just does. Asking might break it :joy: please donā€™t break it

2 Likes

your efficiency and acceleration got worse when you lowered the gear ratio (more motor current for the same thrust)

3 Likes

with lower voltage youā€™ll be drawing more battery amps for the same acceleration/motor current, but the motor efficiency works out to be the same when you lower the voltage. you could even say lower battery voltage makes your board more efficient in wh/mi because you canā€™t go as fast.

1 Like

Is it ok to have different size trucks on the same board? 11inch in the back, 9 inch in the front

1 Like

It definitely is. With wide trucks on the back, you might hit the wheel if you ever try to kick push or footbrake, be careful.

You have to overlap the middle two wires (see the picture you posted above - itā€™s done correctly). Basically the final connector should have N+1 wires, where N is the cell count in series. So a 6s balance connector has 7 wires, and a 12s has 13 wires. Obviously 7+7 is 14, not 13, so you need to either drop one wire or stuff two wires into one position in the JST. Basically the 7th (last) wire on pack 1 and the 1st wire on pack 2.

1 Like

Question about my power switch. It is always lit up whether the board is on of off. What do I check first?

@Adamskate Is it part of an antispark? If so check heat from the mosfets, you probably have one that blew

Haha started to take off the enclosure and it went off. I think I was just in too much of a hurry and didnā€™t realize there was some pressure on it

1 Like

My tiny 5055 motor cuts out when I break hard, 38A/-35A,
Itā€™s weak, should I lower the breaking power?

Asking for a new girl I just brought here. Who has a build they consider to be a race board? Show yourself
@aliceshi010

@Arzamenable @MoeStooge, please flex upon us

1 Like

Very true. @aliceshi010 have a look at their builds. True speed demons

@aliceshi010

is this what your talking about bro this is so sick?

1 Like