Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

@b264 @MysticalDork I already had a problem breaking, I figured it was bms, so I disconnected it. I can break for like 2 seconds, then it cuts, I run in sensors. Here are my settings.

I’m looking for cheap motors and found some 6354 flipskys on Amazon from Flipsky’s parent company shipping from US. https://www.amazon.com/HGLTECH-Motor-190KV-Electric-Skateboard/dp/B07VL9BCW6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=flipsky+5054+motor&qid=1571176198&sr=8-1-fkmr0

If I recall there were some issues with the older flipsky motors. I believe the magnets/magnet retaining ring liked to move around? anyone know if these are the same?

1 Like

Couldn’t concentrate on the screen…that bunny dude :rofl:

3 Likes

what motors are recommended?

The larger the better for heat dissipation. 6374s will do you fine. 6355 will work but will get warmer. 160-200kv range oughta be fine.

Also the earlier models had issues with solder balls just chilling on the windings, its worth the buy but not without the inspection

2 Likes

I have a 10s5p battery… do I have 50 cells? or do I have 10 that the VESC can see?

1 Like

Hey everyone, another question… twice now my BMS balance wires have unplugged (presumably due to vibrations/deck flex). Barring directly soldering the wires to the BMS, how do you secure connectors?

Will a few dabs of hot glue on the connector solve my issues? Thank you all for the help and I’m sorry this is probably really simple.

10 cells. This is the series number

1 Like

I use cable ties

2 Likes

I usually hit the balance connector/header connection itself with some neutral cure silicone or even just hotglue to help keep it in. Ensure you have proper tension relief for those cables too, nothing should be taut.

2 Likes

You have 10s, but honestly I wouldnt let the pack go down that far with those cells.

I think cutoff start at 32 and cutoff end at 30 is perfectly acceptable. Youre not getting much benefit from those extra 2v

With those cells and their sag, those 2v at the bottom end might skew into a larger drift than what you would like. I know my 10s5p from diyeboards took aaaaages to balance when I had ran it hard for a week

2 Likes

A 10s5p battery pack consists of 50 cells total in 10 groups of 5 cells each.

2 Likes

I think you mean 10 groups of 5 cells for a 10S5P yeah?

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m an idiot.

Edited the post to reflect the actual cell value for the sake of accuracy.

3 Likes

But you’re our idiot :slight_smile:

I am too 🤷

3 Likes

We still love you Beard-Daddio.

4 Likes

Yeah… that seems to be my core issue. Thanks for the response. I was wondering if you just dab the glue and smash the connector together so that was very helpful! I’ll give that a try and keep an eye on it. Thank goodness for the cycle satiator’s info display for monitoring pack charging.

1 Like

Awesome, so I am right in putting the 10 in that box, but should adjust to 32 and 30 like @Sn4Pz recommended?

Yes that’s right.

Jumping in for the assist!

3 Likes