Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I read somewhere some controllers can measure saturation to tell which coil to energize first in sensorless operation but I’m not sure whether its possible for a VESC to do this…

2 Likes

If you wrote the motor and app configuration on both sides, ok to unplug USB.

Sensor wires go into the vesc. You’ll find the right white connector.

Canbus is the communication between vescs. Stays in place so they can communicate with each other.

Run through this at least once:

https://vesc-project.com/node/938

2 Likes

Just so you’re aware, it’s by no means a standard or normal thing to run more than one receiver.

There’s not even a scientifically sound argument behind it that I’ve seen demonstrated. It’s not true redundancy therefore only adds additional components that can fail.

2 Likes

Sensor wires fit in both which one does it go in

2 Likes

Top one.

3 Likes

67 posts were split to a new topic: Multiple receiver discussion

thanks for all the help guys this stuff is still French to me

6 Likes

Just posting my question again since it got moved to the wrong topic but is there a preference for XT60 vs XT90? I know XT90 is rated for higher amperage but are there any setups that run +60A continuously?

1 Like

xt90 has an anti-spark option, so for making loop keys for example

1 Like

want to use trampa urban (6.5inch superstar wheels) and caliber 2 trucks (boardnamics) any ideas on which mounting solutions I have?

Is that the only advantage? I ask because I’m wondering if it makes sense for me to have XT60 or XT90s on my bms.

how do you have your bms hooked up, charge only or does is your battery discharge through your bms?
@annihil8ted

I now realize my question is kind of dumb :sweat_smile:

It’s a charge only bms so I’m definitely not going anywhere near 60A. (maybe super capacitors?)

But even in the event of discharge bms, does a XT90 make sense?

I can only guess, that anything that runs over a continuous amp of 60 you should have xt90 but if your pulling that many amps I think it’s a given that xt60’s are too small

I went overkill on my plugs as a just in case. Xt90 everywhere, 8awg power leads, 10awg charge leads. Xt60 is very difficult to fit 8 and 10awg with solder. Not truly an advantage but imo worth considering

3 Likes

is there another company other than trampa that makes decks like theirs?
Whats the advantage of having the ends flared up?
I just know I want that deer splitter they sell so bad

Kaly is the only one I believe. I have a discontinued trampa 14ply 35degree Carver holypro

Those 35 degrees give me so much more power to carve :slight_smile:

3 Likes

MTB decks (Trampa, Kaly, MBS, LaCroix) use channel trucks, which have a straight Kingpin. These type of trucks have to mounted at an angle as a result, which is why you see the end angles on decks. It’s not so much an advantage as it is a different design approach.

Longboard decks & trucks are a different ballgame and aren’t compatible without large custom angled adapters/baseplates.

4 Likes

@DerelictRobot Is there no reason for that different approach? I feel I can carve better on my trampa than on street build

1 Like

It’s not really apples to apples.

Channels on spring trucks without damps on a 35/35 angle are super carvy. I find them much more agile than RKPs, but I’ve also ridden TKPs that are just as carvy if not more.

Personally I find the difference largely to be in how they handle terrain.

2 Likes