Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Well buying new Motors wouldn’t be smart because i already have 4 6374 190kvs :stuck_out_tongue: Might have to sell 1 or 2 of them anyway (sk3 unsensored) Are 170’s more efficient? And if those are all options…well then i have to live with it.

1 Like

I really didn’t notice much difference going from 170kv to 190kv.
Play with your pulleys ratios.

1 Like

Decreasing your wheel size would also give you more torque and less speed and make it more efficient — but then you’d have to change the wheels. Not sure if you want that.

does that mean if you have more torque you have a better range? or is this only about reducing top speed to increase range?

Nah, i specifically build this to be a offroad Board. Well i could buy 165mm tires and tubes once mine are worn off.

1 Like

^potentially but no one has implemented it to my knowledge

when you reduce the wheel size it takes less motor current for the same acceleration, but there’s less top speed, and heating reduces proportionally to the square of the current

half the wheel size takes half the current and produces 1/4th the heat for the same acceleration but gives half the top speed, for example

4 Likes

Speed is after not important any more after my accident.
With my 200mm 35kmh feels waay faster than with 38 on my hubs.

If i rode on the street i only drive it to a max speed of 35km/h (21mph) Regular cruising is max 30km/h (18mph) Usually even less if i’m in the woods or offroading.

omg i understood. Thank you Professor

3 Likes

@Trampa Quick question. Have your Vescs a Serial Number?

@Andy87 i think this question is for you :wink:
Do you prefer Mbs T2 9’’ tires or Trampa’s Primo Striker’s 9’’?

Has anyone used the 3dServisas dual focbox Heatsink in the Eboosted vanguard ESC enclosure?

Just want to ask a few questions about how you went about fitment… Really confused as to how I can make this work the ‘best’

Is there a deck skinning guide anywhere? I thought sender or yelnats made one but I cant find it.

I don’t remember it being it’s own thread but pieces of others here and there. You might get some info from this thread though.

1 Like

I recommend just having @Sender do it. It takes a ton of time and money to get right, so why not have a pro do it.

Generally bigger batteries are better because you have more range, as well as less load on the battery in terms of C. (C is the RC term of amps per Ah. A 1Ah battery being discharged at 1A, is at 1C. one times the capacity. Higher C is harder on the battery.)

If it will physically fit, then 14Ah is just as good as, if not better than, 12Ah. 16 or 18Ah is better still, but any will work as long as the voltage is the same and they can supply enough current.

1 Like

@Andy87?? :smile:

oh how i missed this… sorry…
I never tried the trampa 9" primos, but i very much like my T2 tires.
They have a big contact area and you could pimp them up with studs for winter if needed. Maybe not the best tires for high speed, but they roll just over everything.

1 Like

Just to refesh it. If a VESC states 40 amps continous. Thats Per Motor or combined?

1 Like

Generally depends on if it’s a single or dual