Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

@PixelatedPolyeurthan We’ll have a gear drive for 110s + 160s :wink:

1 Like

20A total from battery is fine. It won’t feel as powerful, that’s for sure, but move you it will definitely do.

I wouldn’t try to go fast up a steep hill but on flat ground it will be fiiiiine

3 Likes

Those wowgo dual esc;s run 18amps per motor. I have pushed one to 25 per but the bms blew up. 20 per side and you should be fine. I had a focbox meepo running those settings. Keep an eye on the motor settings though because they do not like getting hot. Watch the max brake too because those skinny little phase wires can act like fuses under heavy braking.

Science!!!

3 Likes

Oh god I’m going to kill my self with this

1 Like

What are you actually doing with it? A vesc upgrade? If so don’t waste your time because for the gains there really is not much point if you don’t change the battery. Better off buying the upgraded hobbywing esc from meepo and using it as a loaner back up board. Think its like 60 bucks and for that you get the fully potted esc enclosure/switch/meter and remote and some cute little mr30 phase adapters. Oh and a lanyard. And stickers. And some business cards.

think thats it

1 Like

Bought a flypsky dual 4.2 since my old esc had weird issues and the remote was crap. Battery is under powered I know but will have to suffice for a while. Those hubs will be replaced by probably belts when they die if I have the spare dough.

1 Like

Ok then fair enough if you have the dual already then go for it girlfriend. What you can have fun with is seeing just how high you can get the motor amps before the urethane melts off.

You will get some torque increases compared to standard with just some fairly tame motor max settings so fun.
Don’t die.

1 Like

So I already have dual idlers going, switched to the bergmeisters, gear ratio still gives me same top speed(ish). Tension is loose enough that I free roll fine.

Is there anything else I can do with Bergs to increase Range/Efficiency?

Dual Motor
+40

Battery max 60a

Regen -5

10s4p Vtc5a cells. I have driven at 80a on urethane, but haven’t ridden the bergmeisters yet. So I dropped everything 20a, 10a, or 2a. Rides almost the same with the 41mm increase in tire.

Edit:

They are freerolling nicely, but after 5 miles of non aggressive riding i can see the difference in range.

1 Like

It’s OK, I’m currently running some wowgo hubs on dual sleeping lions (120A)…FOR SCIENCE…

2 Likes

Range is always going to be reduced with numies. The only thing you can do to allay that is to make the running gear as free as possible as it seems you have done. What psi are you running the bergs at?

i have an urgent qustion. getting a warranty replacemnt with enertion and they want the serial number of my Unity. Where is that placed?
Note. It does not turn

Hey guys, so I have question. I am looking to install Trampa superstars or @dickyho at wheels. I am using 218mm torqueboards trucks. My question is if I will get wheelbite when using a vanguard deck? I recon I wont with the 6 inch wheels (150mm) but will I get wheelbite when using the 8 inch wheels? I would like to go 8 inch but I want to be sure I buy the right ones.

you’ll never see 60a battery unless you bump up the motor to around 64a

1 Like

I think I just accidentally updated with the wrong hardware version on focboxes now they won’t detect anything even on the old correct hardware firmware they :fire: ed? Lol

Edit: was holding off pming @seaborder about fixing my blown flipsky I had a feeling I hold need to send more lol

1 Like

I believe it is just a sticker on the bottom of the unity

1 Like

Don’t try to run motors or do motor detections before you get the correct firmware on there!

If you have already then you can hope it’s still okay… but unlikely

I did detection already I think they’re screwed, I have spares but I’ve run of of bullets , 3rd vesc for this set now … I think they’re cursed lol

Edit: I was totally finished and was about to test it while on holiday next week - something tells me.to just take my old builds :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would never take a brand new board. Too likely you’ve overlooked something, no time to break it in first and make sure it’s not going to fail immediately.

2 Likes

Not the point or what I asked.

You can increase your gear ratio to improve efficiency. Either a smaller motor pulley or a larger wheel pulley. It’s equivalent to using a smaller wheel diameter or lower kv.