Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

10s4p 30q, Tb vesc, single 6355 motor, Gimmie the motor config numbers so I donā€™t fuck up please

Iā€™m specifically looking for adjustable amperage so I can dial it down when Iā€™m at home and higher when Iā€™m on a group ride, but the backup is to probably use a Yzpower one.

Sorry but I have no clue what your talking about. Iā€™m just as confused as you are

The amp output on a power supply is a maximum rating if it is going into a balance charger or BMS then that will limit the current flowā€¦ Are you trying to charge the battery with no balancing?

Hereā€™s the basics of the settings

Can give you better numbers after noms

cutoff start 34V
cutoff end 31V
motor max 70A
motor min -45A
battery max 50A
battery min -20A (increase to -15A if high-speed brakes are too strong)

throttle curve
25%
-3%
polynomial
5% deadband

Use the Ackmaniac firmware

3 Likes

I see. The 20 awg. Say 11A, Maximum amps for chassis wiring

1 Like

And my bms have 22 awg wire

No, there are adjustable voltage and amperage chargers that will let you change how fast your battery charges or to a specific level. A popular option is to mod a Meanwell LED driver which can supply something like 42-53 volts adjustable (you change a pot) and depending on the driver itself anywhere from 1-12 amps max.

Luna E Bikes have something similar, but not for a 12s (https://lunacycle.com/luna-charger-48v-advanced-300w-ebike-charger/)

The idea is to have a single charger that you can limit the amperage of so that you can use it at a low amperage when you are at home to prolong the life of the battery, or crank it up on a group ride to charge your battery faster. I donā€™t care about voltage adjustments or want to splice a connector which is why I donā€™t want to use the Meanwell drivers

Note:

I forgot to add a 10A fuse before the charge port (on positive side, guess it doesnā€™t matter though) for the XT-60 6A charger.

All other wires that are black and red will be 10 AWG, that havenā€™t been marked with 8/12 AWG besides the wires for the volt meter, and BMS leads.

1. Is this a correct wiring diagram, for a bypassed discharge only Bestech D140 BMS?
  2. Should I put an XT-60 or an XT-90 in the blue spot? (More so asking if an XT-60 will be fine in the blue spot since I donā€™t think I will be using more than 60A as a battery max setting.)
  3. What ESC settings should I use? Hardware: FLIPSKY Dual FSESC6.6 Plus, Dual TB 6380 170kv, 12s6p Samsung 30Q.
  4. Is there any way to improve this circuit, or is there anything I am missing?

Thanks!

1 Like

This is okay. 8AWG is overkill for the motor phase wires. If you keep ā€œbattery maxā€ at 60A or under, or 30A + 30A for dual, then XT60 is fine.

Really? I always assumed more negative meant stronger brakes. Iā€™ve only set between -15 & - 30 though and didnā€™t notice much difference.

Right so one of those power supplies you are just hooking directly to the battery positive and negative main but not hooking up the p groups or cells with balance wires? I use a ā€œLED driverā€ power supply as well but have it just for the AC->DC then use a balance charger between that and the actual battery (so it can balance charge and can control current flow etc with the balance charger).

i have some red ones but iā€™m in the U.S. let me know iā€™ll put them in the mail.

Am extending the phase wires about ~1.5 ft, thought thicker wires would help over the long distance. 10 awg is fine for ~1.5ft? Wouldnā€™t 8awg perform better than 10awg?

Also would an XT-90S work in the blue spot for more amps? or are those only good for loopkeys?

more negative is stronger brakes, you are correct

1 Like

How can I tell when Iā€™ve put enough?

@b264 any idea?

3 Likes

When the entire baby glows under ultraviolet (black light) you know itā€™s properly water proofed. Personally got some of this too I decided not to douse the entire ESC in the interest of keeping heat dissipation good but covered all the power leads and pins for smd chips and components. Curious what Brian or others say as well.

6 Likes

@wafflejock dont have any black lights but cool to know that it allows to see

Edit: oh wait you meant the actual babyā€¦nah thatā€™s just my hand

1 Like

You can put it in direct sunlight if you donā€™t have a blacklight.

Itā€™s enough when water canā€™t touch anything except coating.

1 Like