Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

So I canā€™t use ppm that way?

I do but that would void the warranty, if that is the only way I will just use UART till the warranty is over to solder it back on.

I was trying to inquire if you were able to put the ppm wires back on that fell off. I am not sure you can use the uart port the way you are suggesting, maybe someone else knows.

News to me I didnā€™t even know this esc had warranty haha

The pins on the UART line and the original PPM pins share the traces, if you insert a breadboard pin in and connect it to the receiver it will work

Or clip the ends of the other pins on the remote and put it in the UART port, although I suggest leaving the B+ pin so you get the battery voltage feedback on the remote

2 Likes

Good to know :slight_smile:

Is it like that on all 6.6** vescs?

Wait this is 4.12? I have a 6.6 that is made like that, but you can use a continuity feature on a multimeter to test it

But it looks like the same housing and that means itā€™s the same ā€œgenerationā€ as the one I have, 94% sure itā€™ll work

Good point, edited, I mistyped

@Lazea Perhaps go ask in the ā€œWTBā€ section of the forum?

1 Like

Hey guysā€¦

I had some issues with my board while riding today

Changed my setting to Motor max 60 A and battery max 50 A after a discussion in another thread (I have a 12S4P with 30Q). Before I had both values set higherā€¦

I have two Trampa VESC6 - 6374 BioBoards Motors with 150KV.

Had some dangerous encounters not sure if they are related - but when I went uphill on throttling the current dropped to 0A and I almost lost balance a couple of timesā€¦ never had this beforeā€¦
Could this be related to changing the setting ? If so I will go back to my settings from before and risk it because this from high throttle to none when going very steep uphill is quite dangerous :frowning:

I recorded it

not sure if this was one of the spotsā€¦ but Duty Cycle was 50% yet the Amp at 0
grafik

Its very weird and is not temperature related. Also no error codes dropped.
Any ideas ?

M3
10 chars

2 Likes

Iā€™m currently threading the holes to fit m4

UART and PWM (ā€œPPMā€) are not compatible.

Well the point was trying to see if the ppm labled pins on the UART port would work for ppm. I did not think it would

@ZachTetra says they are wired together

@janpom finished

3 Likes

This is normal. I wonā€™t say I understand duty cycle fully but this is normal behavior.

2 Likes

Is this okay for a first solder? Feels mechanically strong. Just tried pulling it apart with as much strength as I could, still together.

Strands started going weird, should I redo this one? Also strong atm.

@esk8manbabes

But my Throttle was pushed 50% and suddenly the board fully stopped throttling to 0 Ampā€¦ how can that be normal ? :frowning:

What is this throttle push based on? Your finger or stats?
Stats donā€™t show trigger movement to my disappointment.
It would be another helpful input if it did for troubleshooting.

If itā€™s trigger input and you lose power suddenly then itā€™s more likely receiver interference.

1 Like

@esk8manbabes
Very strange - I have the GT2B which usually really has a good signal

Look at the traces on the PCB. Are they wired together? Send detailed, close-up, high-res photos of both sidesā€¦

If I had a vesc 6.6 I would test it but I do not