Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Power cycling is the act of turning a piece of equipment off and then on again

6 Likes

Power cycle is turning off your board and on

2 Likes

haha well that was a noob question :rofl:
can you answer this?

uSplit needs to be powered thru vesc, and usb for comm.

I had tried updating mine just using usb, never got it to work. It has to be plugged in to both.

Edit:
Hw 1.2 does NOT have any button you push to get into flash mode. When usb is plugged, it automatically goes I to recovery mode. In contrast, hw1.1 needs it pushed and held down before turning esc on.

1 Like

Well know the “remove canbus while powered on and you’ll kill the vesc” story.

But is it save to leave the cable plugged while nothing is connected on the other end and then turning it on?

2 Likes

Is there a complete “how to” on building batteries or do I have to read through the 6000+ posts in the battery builders club thread :crying_cat_face:?

1 Like

I didn’t have the time yet. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

@Mainsedora - No, no, I wasn’t knocking you. I appreciated your post and I know it’s a work i progress.

This hobby is awful, I keep on falling into these rabbit holes, the latest being battery building. Everyone here learned from somewhere, just wondering if there was a guide I can reference.

2 Likes

Need help again :rofl: One motor is spinning the wrong direction on the Unity. It says DRV fault when I reverse one of the motor directions.

Time to swap the phase wires instead of using the UI
big brain

3 Likes

Just redid the Motor detection. While testing it in the RT tab i once had a negative duty cycle after letting go of the throttle.

@Trampa @Deodand

1 Like

Yah personally do this anyways cause otherwise I forget about it next time I flash and lose settings or swap out vesc if something blows and another thing the software needs to get right everywhere (using absolute values or negating things accordingly).

Going back to the topic of my motor/motors getting stuck/whatever knocking.

Here are 2 videos with the sound clearly audible.

On the first video you can skip to 3/4

flashed latest fw.

well thanks for that.

Newest vesc tool didn’t update both vescs

1 Like

@xsynatic the videos are private

whoops. Should be fixed. Give it a sec.

1 Like

Bahaha, problem was I was using Unity Vesc Tool :man_facepalming: it’s all fixed now though

What firmware version is this?

The videos are on 3.62

Are all your numbers signed correctly, like braking currents are negative, regular currents are positive, erpm are positive, reverse erpm are negative, et cetera?

it’s exactly as i used it on Ack 3.103 as far as i can tell.

I flashed the new FW - did the motor detection - dialed in my pwm values and applied my metr mode for voltage cutoff, motor/battery amps etc. Exactly as i did for the last 1 1/2 years basically.

edit: fucking hell is the latest tool / fw 5.01 buggy as hell. No way i’m going to use that.

1 Like