Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Does anyone know how many amps they can output? 2x in series.

[Battery specs] Minimum Capacity: 12000mAh
Cell Count: 6 / 22.2V
Constant Discharge: 12C
peak Discharge (10sec): 24C Pack Weight: 1650g Pack Size: 183 x 77 x 58mm Charge Plug: JST-XH Discharge Plug: XT90

I have the feeling it’s around 30 amps. I just went uphill and at around 30ish amps and there didn’t happen much the more i pressed the throttle.

41d7782b76f35fba4f327b7ec1ffb723b6f9d60d

also shouldn’t my motor amps be higher than 36per motor when the battery itself is at 15 per side? (uphill again)

12x12

They are 12C and 12AH so by their spec you could pull 144 A constant and 288 A peak. Though I believe @b264 says some are exaggerated so dividing by 5 is a safe amount, which is around 30 A constant and 60 A peak. I have similar packs from Turnigy rated for 200 A continuous and 300 A peak, and with my battery max combined set to 120 A they do not get warm at all. You probably could get away with higher amps as long as they don’t heat up.

1 Like

thats the thing. I’ve been running them for a year with 25-30A max and that worked really well. But i cannot get them over a certain threshold.

I’ve put the batt max to 55 but still won’t come close to it.

The screenshot is from going uphill.

1 Like

Thats weird, did it feel like it was lacking in power?

Sorta. The board handles short hills very good but not longer ones. It feels like if i maxed out the board at 60-70% throttle and after that theres nothing happening even though it still has some headroom until it hits the 55A batt. Only uphills.

Where does one buy (CHEAP!!) AT wheels and pulleys? 7-8inch for 10mm bore? (CHEAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP)

oh I thought this too? that’s not true? is it more of an upgrade of the bootloader? there must be some bootloader there to speak usb I assume.

1 Like

Are you hitting thermal limits?

what’s that peak mosfet temp? are you getting into the mosfet temp cutoff start realm?

what’s with giving me an image and not the web link to metr graphs? :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: I need to get what I paid for. :upside_down_face: :smiley:

EDIT: yah, what @JoeyZ5 said.

EDIT: ment mosfet temp.

This is for when the steps laid out above don’t work because the bootloader is fubar.

1 Like

is esk8 always this sketchy where u have to wrry about cutouts and shit

Arduino/C++/Coding question:

If I have a double value, 41.7 for example, how do I get certain digits of it? If I want the 7 of it for example, how do I tackle this?

My idea is this:
int thirdDigit = (myDoubleValue - roundDownToNDigits(myDoubleValue, 2))*10;

This would then equal:
int third Digit = (41.7 - 41.0)*10 = 7;

Is there any cleaner way?

far from it.

25c away from Mosfet temp cutoff start (85 start and 100c is end)
And probably a bit more for the motors. I’m still able to hold them. (I also don’t have a motor temp sensor so the vesc doesn’t even know)

@fessyfoo sorry sorry! (2 parts but 1 ride, i somehow managed to softlock the metr app and had to restart it.)

2 Likes

Sorry but “Heuchelheim” is killing me xD
Never trust them!!!

For non German people:
Heuchelheim would equal “Feignhome” in English

Nothing but Heuchler :rofl:

heuchler = hypocrite. Heuchelheim = “home of hypocrites”

1 Like

That’s some impressive regen!!! Around 6-7 percent for the second ride!
Is that normal or were you going downhill?

I went down what i previously went up :smiley:

1 Like

How do you write in very small letters like this?

With lots of

42gv23

you just have to believe

@fessyfoo has a big dick

4 Likes