Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

You liar! I think you’re hiding what you really need for it!

1 Like

Wait did you mean that the Mosfet temp cutoff starts at 25c? That’s like ambient temperature… The VESC tool default is 85C start and 100C end. That is most likely the problem. When you sent the screenshot earlier with weak power it was at 55c which if my guesstimate is correct limiting you to 60% power.

Whoops no. I still have 25c (or rather 22c from the log) to go until i hit the mosfet cutoff start. Its set at 85c and ends at 100c. Phrased it wrong.

yeah you only maxed 63c so that’s not it.

for a bit I was like dammn how are his motors so cold. :smiley:

1 Like

Then I am not sure. I can see that when you were pulling the most amps you were around 69%(nice) duty cycle. If you put that back into an equation, it would be (69/100) = (38.5/x) , where x is equal to ~55.7 A, which is your battery max you said from earlier. So technically if you give it more throttle on the remote you should be able to get to 55A.

I don’t believe that the battery would be limiting the amps, as they put out as much as they want, it just produces more heat the farther you go over the C rating.

1 Like

I mean i can’t pull 50+ amps continues anyway (4.12 vescs) but at least i should be able to reach it.

I’ll do a few more test in the next coming days where i ride the same hills but make sure i go full throttle (i already hear my belts screaming in pain). Its currently raining, same as tommorow so it has to wait.

1 Like

not a lot to add but note the individual currents on each vesc/motor are even lower.

so, no temp throttling. no current limit throttling. ppm input doesn’t appear to be maxing out. duty cycle never goes about a peak of 69% so maybe you are just not giving enough throttle? but seems weird. you are doing 40kph climbing speed. which is not bad.

2 Likes

Not bad, but not good. On of the earlier climbs i limped up that hill (at about 18:40 - 18:41 / 6:40 - 6:41 for you weird 12h system people) thats where i felt like i maxed out. What’s interesting is that the log shows peak of duty cycle at 50% but i could’ve sworn i went further than that.

1 Like

You should never ride on a board that cuts out under load.

2 Likes

I decided to start making the first ever RGB GUI for esk8 remotes :slight_smile:
I wanted to ask you guys about your oppinion!

• Dislike

0 voters

Anyone in Germany who could sell me a HMC5883 magnetometer compass module for arduino? :slight_smile:

^
I
It’s for making the small compass in the post above work on real data :slight_smile:

Also im looking for someone who would want to design a 3d shell for this display, together with an ESP32 Lora board, when the concepts for this remote are ready.

this one?

1 Like

Use Markdown.

3 Likes

Yes, more or less :slight_smile:
I originally looked for a gy-271 which is based on the same chip as the gy-273.
Since I wanted to find out the difference between them, I googled and found this:

Both include pullup resistors on the SDA and SCL lines but the reference voltage on the GY-273 is the internal 3.3 V whereas on the GY-271 the reference for pull up is Vcc. In both cases the pullup resistors are 4k7 Ohms.

It would seem to me that the GY-271 is a better option especially if using an Uno or Nano.

But I’ve seen people on YouTube using it with no issues… I’ll spend the extra Euro to be on the safe side though :slight_smile:

On Surf-Rodz TKP, how does the hanger attach to the bushing support piece?

what in the tit is with this throttling

gettin real pissed off to say the least

Does anyone know if this is a reliable site to buy Maytech ESCs from? https://michobby.com/collections/vesc-based-controllers/products/maytech-electric-longboard-vesc-6-0-based-controller-with-dust-proof-and-water-proof-function

My concern is the price seems reasonable compared to Maytech’s website. My Shitsky ESCs busted almost 5 months ago now and I’ve been patiently waiting for either Torqueboards or Neoboxes to come out with v6s but it’s not been more than double the time I was hoping to hold out for and I’m going a bit stir crazy having looked at the board every day for almost half a year unable to ride it.

1 Like

Michobby gets all their parts from maytech. So you should be fine as they are just resellers. Someone plz correct me if I’m wrong.

I got motors from michobby and every time they got delayed it was because maytech delayed getting it to them for distribution.

1 Like

How about you start from scratch. Write all your current settings down or save it as an XML file.

Reflash FW, redo detection, redo the input wizard and record all of it.
Give us all your infos. Parts, motors, vescs.

That way we can see if you fucked up somewhere or where you can improve.

Else we don’t know “what the tit is with your throttling”

2 Likes