Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Samsung 30Q :slight_smile:

Split PWM (ā€œPPMā€) is one receiver. Dual PWM is two receivers

1 Like

ever consider buying a vowel?

1 Like

I already asked this before think but forgot to bookmark the answer and nothing shows up when i use the search function :roll_eyes:

How does one find the KV of the motor if you donā€™t know it? i believe there is a way to do so on the vesc tool? I also think there is a calculation you can do but i forgot.
@MysticalDork @stan @wafflejock @Deodand

@tinp123

3 Likes

divide or multiply the erpm by the pole countā€¦ or something equally arcaneā€¦

1 Like

Run the motor up to maximum unloaded RPM, measure the RPM (vesc tool can do that) and write it down, as well as the supply voltage at that RPM. If itā€™s ERPM that youā€™re measuring rather than physical, (I canā€™t remember which one vesc tool reports) divide by the number of pole pairs in the motor (usually 7 for our outrunners). Then divide RPM by voltage, and you will get a rough idea of the KV.

5 Likes

Thanks!
I have 4 motors, i know 2 are 170kv the other 2 200kv, i know that the latter is lighter, but just wanted to make sure since they have no markings on them so we donā€™t know which is which 100%
:love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Do I need these spacers for the abec clones?
I did install the bearings without it ^^

with a stripped screw removal tool

1 Like

it should have a spacer in the middle

1 Like

How 0.o?
There is plastic preventing the bearings to come to close to eachother. Are you dead sure?
These are 97mm abec clones

yes, i have skateboarded for a while

5 Likes

I know you use these for standard size wheels, but the 97mm ones have spacers out of plastic in their designā€¦
So Iā€™m confused how they should fit there

put one bearing in then the spacer and then the other bearing

1 Like

Always a spacer.

Unless you use these:

3 Likes

I feel dumb not knowing how to put this spacer in, since the bearings are separated by pitch of the plasticā€¦
How do I fit the spacer in there?
It would just fly around if I put it in there :frowning:

Bearingā€“spacerā€“bearingā€¦turn board on side, put wheel on and spin it, will settle down onto axle.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I learned too, but I struggle with how to do that bearing-speacer-bearing.
How do you get bearings out? Raw power with a screwdriver? Maybe I can post some pictures so that you can help me? ^^

1 Like

well first of course you have to take one bearing out, then just put the spacer in the wheel so the hole is in the same direction as the bearing hole. Then you put the other bearing in

1 Like

How am I supposed to get a spacer in there that wonā€™t move around?

1 Like