Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

It will be a lot easier once the other end is mounted and you have a cable to grab hold of

3 Likes

exactly. Something like this makes it a ton easier.

I keep mine simple but wouldn’t mind doing it like those from above.

@Niklas

I could print you a cover if you want. Doesn’t take much effort. You just need to promise to use the xt90 instead xt60 ^^

6 Likes

@b264 does his loops with braid and then coats them nice and thick with conformal. Maybe he’ll share a photo with us.

7b92ee577c17607072b8ed104fd5ba413a5ee6c9_2_690x388 (1)

5 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DJ7QHQM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
this one is a USB-C but they have micro USB’s as well. also the tips/connectors can be removed

3 Likes

May I ask you what your plan is :)?
Use your battery as a power bank too?

1 Like

Plan? @Halbj613? You asked the wrong guy

joking of course :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

if you need pliers to remove the plug you heated it up for too long when soldering

2 Likes

I didn’t solder :slight_smile:
Bought it like this

Hey gents, I’m hoping somebody can take a look at these VESC settings and help me figure out what is up with the VESC wizard.

I ran the VESC motor wizard and it gave me these settings. But this doesn’t seem right

Build: 10s5p Panasonic 18650BD charge only, Flipsky 4.20 100a, BKB 6374.

Batt max is 50a per esk8 calc, but the wizard doesn’t seem to have understood that. On top of this, doing a search for my specific VESC I found that @mmaner used these settings for the exact same VESC :

Motor Current Max : 30A
Motor Current Max Brake : -30a
Battery Current Max : 50A
Battery Current Max Regen : -40A
Absolute Maximum Current : 120A

This is a lot different from what the wizard set me up with, is the wizard reliable or is it setting me up to blow my VESC?

1 Like

We tease @Halbj613 a lot, but he offers any help he can provide to anyone who needs it. That’s pretty cool.

2 Likes

Those value are for the FlipSky 4.20 dual. I would try the following values.

Motor Current Max : 40A
Motor Current Max Brake : -40a
Battery Current Max : 50A
Battery Current Max Regen : -40A
Absolute Maximum Current : 100A

Increase the motor and battery max until you get cutout. Or leave them alone if its fast enough for you.

In my experience the wizard gives unusable values on Maytech and FlipSky VESC’s.

1 Like

@mmaner
Whoops, I goofed. Its the dual 4.20 100a with two 6374s. I forgot single is a viable and popular thing lol. Will do on the gradual increase of motor and batt max.

1 Like

Yes
No
Yes

3 Likes

You want to turn the motor slower than that, and for longer.

4 Likes

Brother, there is an entire thread :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, or it was soldered without a male and female being connected together. That holds the pins straight while it cools.

1 Like

I’ve found no use to set this to anything other than the maximum it will allow you to set it at, typically 150A

As far as I understand, the only thing that setting does is {throw faults and hence} cut your brakes at the most inopportune time. The DRV hardware already has overcurrent protection.

4 Likes

Why does the upper half of my throttle do pretty much nothing? VX1 split PWM

I’m not sure if I am already going full speed, or something else is up.
It is weird to stop accelerating at just past half throttle.

We just wanted a photo for now, BRIAN. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

6 Likes