Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

@kook is your man.

2 Likes

Remote connected on the uart port on master vesc and bluetooth module on uart slave vesc: can or canā€™t do?

Nah those are like 1A rated.

Similar plastic one that shows rating.

Best to just find one that has a current rating at or above your desired charge rate.

I bought these the other day. All metal and 10A rated.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S5ZLFDG/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_FZnPEbMEXZZ75

3 Likes

Hey All, Iā€™m currently waiting for all my parts to arrive and been seeing tons and tons of folks use Metr logs to aid in troubleshooting. I feel like this would be a very wise purchase to make as a new builder.

My question: what is the difference between Metr Pro and Metr Pro Unity? Is it just the small form factor that allows the unity to fit inside the enclosure? Iā€™m in for a purchase of two NeoBox V6ā€™s and curious which of the two Metr options would be best for this ESC as well as any additional information you think I need to know about Metr. Thanks!

1 Like

if youā€™re purchasing neoboxes, you want the metr pro, not the metr pro unity

2 Likes

All secrets will be revealed. BTW, one of the very best sellers on here.

2 Likes

That answers it, thanks for the quick solve

1 Like

yep can do. Connect them via Can and you are good to go. Make sure to set your ā€œApp settingsā€ to UART on both vescs

1 Like

Thank you!
Itā€™s a dual vesc, i assume itā€™s already internally connected?

Thanks for the link! Definitely going through this thread now.
Followup question though, do most folks who have Metr use it to setup/change their ESC config settings over manually configuring in the VESC software?

1 Like

it depends on the vesc. Some do it internally, some still need a canbus cable.

2 Likes

fuck NOā€¦ thatā€™s fukking plastic

probably rated for less than an amp

@Timmy

looks like @Venom121212 already sorted you!

1 Like

Mfw I said 2A, someone else said 1A and now its less than 1ā€¦ Lolā€¦

Tbh I have used those exact ones for 4A and no melty, 2 is a safe number

1 Like

if you say soā€¦ Iā€™ve never found a fukkin plastic 5.5x2.1 female panel mount charge adapter rated higher than an ampā€¦

Iā€™m not rigidā€¦ or steadfastā€¦ you can use $1 charge port on your multi-hundred dollar boardā€¦

I really donā€™t careā€¦

I use 10amp rated adapters for EVERY boardā€¦ fukk ya get like 5 for $10buxā€¦

3 Likes

Oh trust me, I spec every battery with a 10A port. But I have a handful of those little guys for tiny project things lol

You know what they say, itā€™s the little things that matter :joy:

1 Like

while i canā€™t speak for anyone else, i do get the impression that most people do use their metr pro to setup and change their esc config settings

2 Likes

coolio!

glad to hear itā€¦ Iā€™ve recently made a conversion all my 12s boards have 5.5x2.1 plugs and all my 10s boards have 5x5x2.5 plugsā€¦ that way I canā€™t fat finger a 12s 8amp charger into a 10s boardā€¦ jajajajaja

Iā€™m building a village for my idiot selfā€¦ hahahahaha

and yeahā€¦ theyā€™re all labeled but sometimes i might get st00pidā€¦

3 Likes

Thanks for the Intel- Ordered one! This sub sure is dangerous. Longer I stick around the lighter my wallet gets

Success! I guess it helps to plug in to CHANNEL 2 on the Mini remote receiver. Duh.

Guess Iā€™m sticking with what works for these Maytech 4.12 singles: FW 3.38 and VESC Tool v0.94 .
Since Iā€™m new to all this VESC business I guess Iā€™ll try out BLDC and FOC sensorless before hooking up the sensors. Figure I will learn better by feeling & experiencing the differences.

Q. What would be one convincing reason to motivate me to upgrade to newer Firmware ?

@DKAY what @sesat said I very accurate. Just donā€™t use it for motor detectionā€¦ that tends not go so well for some.

1 Like