Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

to pile on @Athrx stated here are some references to help in the future:
Samsung 40T datasheet: 40T.pdf (1.8 MB)
3.1 Charge: 0.5C(2A), 4.20V, 0.05C(200mA) cut-off @ RT

reference compiled by Mooch

3 Likes

I told ya you’d get some good answers!

now go and do good!

Huh?.. connected without motors, got this message, updated both firmwares separately (now they both have 4.2 which i heard is far from best). Still get this message. What gives?

See a thread I posted in the how to section for fixing those. Now that it’s moved, they are likely mushroomed and backing them out will destroy the threads. Best fix is to put in m4

1 Like

Well your right about the part where backing them out will destroy them, both are now stripped. So your saying I should force some m4 screws in to create new threads?

You will need to drill them and tap

2 Likes

That lays out how to fix it. Hopefully you have enough material left after removing the messed up screws.
You could ask @torqueboards if he has any cans for sale

1 Like

I think I will give it a shot! Regarding the tap, do I want a M4-0.7 or M4-3/4?

Anything M5 (or 10-32 if you’re using freedumb units) will fit.

As mentioned before, hex drive is preferred over phillips or pozi due to resistance to camming out.

Strength class 12.9 is preferred, but truck screws aren’t ridiculously stressed so it’s not critical.

1 Like

You want M4-0.7.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a shot tomorrow! If it doesn’t work, I will just stick weld the fucker together.

M4-0.7 and 10mm length set screws. Red lock tite.

I accidentally downloaded 48 hardware firmware on a Focbox. How do install 4.12 firmware.

I tried downloading 4.12 from GitHub in uploading in the custom file tab, but it doesn’t change

Enclosure Question

i need to make space in an enclosure for a double stacked battery (the enclosure height is 25mm). what is the largest gasket i cold bet away with making, and what material is the best for this?

If it’s a thin gap, I usually use a dense, water resistant neoprene foam.

The larger the gap, the more dense the material needs to be for support. If it’s over ~7mm or 1/4" you’ll probably need something rubber. It comes in all sorts of duros on the same scale as urethane.

2 Likes

yeah it’ll be about 18mm, so will probably have to get a few pieces and stick them together. i guess eBay would be a good vendor for this set of things?

McMaster carr will be pricey with fast shipping but easily searchable and will have thick stock.

I’d search eBay first and see if you can find a solid piece to avoid having layers.

2 Likes

This is a simple one… should I bother with shielded sensor cables?
It’s only like ~$3 $2 extra…

Edit: a number

Edit 2: What diameter wire sleeve should I get for 3x12awg phase wires and 1x4-5mm sensor cable?

1/2" worked well for me. I’d add on some heat shrink tubing that has glue inside. It’s best at stopping the cut braid from fraying. A lighter will singe the ends but they’ll eventually untangle without glued heat shrink.

2 Likes

Can this type of connector handly 5A at 42V?
It’s a 5.5 x 2.1mm dc jackdc
if not, which one can?

1 Like