Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Yes I did! :slight_smile:
Would be very nice to have, right? More traction and more torque to play with. But sadly needs two motor mounts, a dual VESC, second pulleys and a second belt. What do you think of going for single 6374 for the start, and then maybe sell it and upgrade to a dual system in the future?

I used to have a single drive. Could never get used to it. It always felt weird.

That picture I posted above can be built for £150 excluding the wheels.

have you bought anything yet?

1 Like

Has anyone tried using adc communication and a metr module? I cant seem to figure out which ports need to be connected where. The flipsky nrf module doesnt use the adc ports but the metr does. Does this mean its not possible to use adc with the metr module?

I can agree on this @Niklas . Single drives are pulling you towards one side. With slippery conditions they can even be dangerous. Causing one wheel to spin like mad and throwing you off the board.

2 Likes

Yes, everything besides a VESC, a Motor, a Remote and the Battery

one motor 2wd - in this thread you see options for having 2wd with one motor, it seems a lot of people are running this successfully

more diy finesse required tho, but you seem motivated

3 Likes

It works as long as you dont accelerate in corners. Because the motor needs to be able to spin freely in the corners.

3 Likes

what mounts and trucks do you have?

1 Like

Interesting :)!
So you get no disadvantages besides a second motor mount assembly but for that you gain an even torque along both wheels not having to balance it out on one side :)?

Im going to have 180mm caliber II trucks as said :slight_smile: together with 97mm abec style wheels

1 Like
1 Like

Yup. But you cant carve to keep that in mind. Atleast if you dont want the risk to fly of your board.

1 Like

it has disadvantages, i suggest a bit of research on your side - but it could pay off

there is allways tradeoffs when trying to stay within a budget

2 Likes

Have you got links for the parts? :slight_smile:
I already ordered caliber two trucks and a dickyho motor mount. But I could throw in a second one. Is a 180mm truck capable of dual motors?

At the moment I could theoretically buy a dual motor system :slight_smile:

1 Like

if im not mistaken dual 55 motors and 9 or 12mm belts should be fine, but it could depend on the motor can “nipples” :joy:
sorry i love that word

this is a standard caliber truck
6355 motors
9mm belts
wheel pulleys without bearing - this is important

3 Likes

I shouldn’t have Googled that straight away thinking I’d be rewarded with some motor images :slight_smile:

4 Likes

motors are from aliexpress 5045 200kv. £35 each but they wont fit your mount as they have different bolt pattern.

2 Likes

In the maytechs and flipsky the 6380 and 6374 are the same power, the 6380 is better built. I would go 2x 50mm motors they are from 40 euro each and will outperform a single in acceleration and braking.

2x these should fit

or

1 Like

I think 3240W is enough power :slight_smile:
Since both 160KV and 220KV are the same price I can pick between them. The sad thing is, with my parts I’ld get 40kmh with the 160KV
And just too much with the 220KV😂

So I would have to change the gear ratio right?
Currently is the standard 2.4/1
With the single motor I should get around 45kmh which I think is a good sweetspot for me :slight_smile:

Dumb question:
Both the motors having the same price - isn’t the more powerful better in any category?

1 Like

not sure. dont get too bogged down with watts. seems like they just randomly pick a number

1 Like