Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

The ones that go between deck and truck are called shock pads, the ones that people put on top of the deck are called x-things

2 Likes

Cheers, i’ll google X-things! :laughing:

You can get them from Dicky too - eBay listing

1 Like

Yes but the pinouts may be fixed it would be obvious at first glance maybe someone with newer stock can comment. Losing Bluetooth is a pain but not a deal breaker it may work with metr pro but I don’t want to waste one on this mini build keep total cost under $300

Just what I need, Thanks for your help!

Thank you for your input mate :+1: I’ll see what the others can advise :smiley:

Cheers buddy :+1:

1 Like

Other ebay ones I’ve used multiple times and like. The Ali ones linked above weren’t the right bolt spacing for my deck personally so make sure you check old school vs new school hole dimension.

2 Likes

Will do, Thanks! I guess this is the moment where I chose the colour scheme of my board ha!
Or play is safe and go silver :laughing:

They take spray paint really nicely, I did mine with a slightly darker metallic blue to match my build.

Light thin coats ftw

6 Likes

At the moment mines very black and chrome. Got some chrome stainless cable glands coming to run the phase wires under the deck to the motors but also some bright green cable sleeving which I feel like I have to use.

2 Likes

Could look sick to do black x things with a lime green acid mist. Or thin stripes like shattered glass. The world is your oyster.

2 Likes

There we go! Sleeves are a great idea to add the final touch to your board :slight_smile:
Wake me up when the sleeves are RGB capable lol

2 Likes

I know you probably meant something withore diversity but this might be worth a try:

#Aliexpress € 1,69 14%OFF | 1M Black&Green 12mm braid cables textile cord PET Expandable High Density Sheathing Plaited Cable Sleeves

1 Like

Haha, I can shove some led strips through too! Good idea

1 Like

I have some black braid with a bit of rainbow coming to see if it’ll play nicely with this :man_shrugging:

It’s between the rainbow and this gold with black.

4 Likes

obviously i dont actively slide with those, its more of an emergency thingy - but works good so far

2 Likes

Carbon sandwich over core vs Raw molded carbon for high stress application. Rigid structure is needed.

Which one do you recommend ?

1 Like

A buddy of mine makes carbon parts for Formula SAE cars (electric car racing) and they use carbon laminate around a foam core for all their strong parts.
Carbon isn’t super strong on its own but has excellent tensile properties so cored structures create a sort of “I-beam” like structure which is much stronger than the carbon on its own.

1 Like

Thanks for the input ! Ok perfect, should be less difficult to work with then. BTW your friend actually has a dream job :fire:

1 Like

JB weld definitely won that fight, I ended up having to drill but I did get the thing out, exception being like a millimeter of metal at the bottom of the hole. Went the wood glue route, thinking that I shoulda refilled with JB weld instead. We’ll see when 24 hours comes around but I’m not thinking it will be hard enough.

This did at least show that if you JB weld your wood inserts in, they’re not going anywhere.

2 Likes