Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Has anyone built a firefly OS remote successfully with SolidGeeks instruction?
His documentation is incomplete sadly.
Maybe someone has the engagement to make a tutorial thread for the software especially?
Also the final cirquit diagram is missing :frowning:

Does the seller offer the firmware it was shipped with?

Great success! Also did maiden voyage on 150mm Evolve tires. Single sealed Maytech 6374 on a windy day:

However single is not working out, I need more traction on hilly dirt roads. I’m used to urban treads @30 psi with DKP = a very plush ride. 150mm tires @50 psi with RKP was a significantly stiffer ride and much more confident inspiring, I think I like it :innocent:

3 Likes

can you give more specs on your setup, and maybe riding style and weight ?
we are talking about that white beauty of a board you teased us with close ups in the picture thread right ? i still want to see a total view of it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

its so hard to believe you pull her through the dirt :joy:

but i agree, on 50psi were definetly not riding on clouds, but its still such a huge difference to urethane wheels that after a very short time i allready developed the (bad) habbit of not watching the ground anymore, because i can speed over anything :speak_no_evil:

Any trick to get these bearings into the fivestar hubs? Should I just start pounding?

help :frowning:

press them in like you would with a regular wheel/bearing. Did that with mine too. Bearing is 27.9mm

2 Likes

10S4P 40T, 50° front canon/canon 87A, 35° rear 93A barrel/87A chubby. I’m 70 kg and more of a cruiser than racer. I know, not the most practical color right :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Ive found idlers are more problems than they’re worth, unless you’re trying to set a land speed record for acceleration they just add another bearing to fail and double the wear on the kevlar stranded side of the belt. Do you know where that noise is coming from?

2 Likes

damn, this is so estheticallly pleasing that it belongs behind glass :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
how dare you even ride :speak_no_evil:

so the next step is adding another motor ?

2 Likes

ah, well atleast now i know my idlers are justified haha

2 Likes

Its from the belt. The bearings and idler spins without any unusual noise. But the belts are always causing some sounds.
(for clarification) The belts are super loud on the videos where i brake. They get queiter the more i come to stop.

1 Like

Thanks :grinning: I love the way it looks! Yes, I have boardnamics idler mounts in the mail and another 6374 here. It will add 1kg but I need the traction.

1 Like

It’s good and bad. You CAN run the Mini Remote straight off 1S lipo/li-ion with no step-down or voltage converter. However I do not recommend using an 18650 cell. Either a 14500 or 14650 or 18500 or a pouch all work. 18650 is just too big and you need to take out some structural support (that is needed in a fall) in order for it to fit.

I mean, there are pros and cons to both AA and li-ion. I can say that a single charge on a lithium cell (18500) can last a year or more in a Mini remote, being used every single day. So I’d almost recommend a little tiny 500mAh pouch cell because it’d be so much easier to make.

I only use one modded and the rest I use AA because it wasn’t worth the time to mod the other ones.

1 Like

I’d try without the idlers if you have any shorter belts to make sure its not bending the race of the idler when its being pulled upwards causing the bearings to squeel, does it happen on different pulleys? If you’ve ever put that build on thane? Otherwise sacrifice some virgins dude, theres some conspiracy to be made with you and belts.

1 Like

if youre riding a lot on loose terrain it will definetly be worth it, are you aiming for dual rear, or diagonal ?

perfect. I literally don’t any AA batteries at home except for 2 inside my mini ventilator that i used for this ride. I do still have my 500mAh lipo from my VX1 before i upgraded to 800mAh. Maybe if i can find a voltage converter for cheap i go with that, else just wire up the lipo.

1 Like

Davega and wheels matching sooo good!
What a clean build :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First time posting, don’t know if this is the right place to post, sorry if so :I

My Koowheel d3m gen1 randomly stopped working last year. I suspect that maybe the ESC fried or something as I had ridden in some wet conditions the day earlier. I’ve been looking for a replacement ESC and have found a couple of different ones that look like something that would work. (Can’t post link sry)

The only thing that has me wondering is that the connectors from the motors on the d3m have 6pin connectors and more or less all the ESCs I find seem to only have 5pin connectors. Does anyone know of any other ESC that would be better suited as a replacement for the d3c gen1?

Thanks

2 Likes

heres some more lewd footage, spoilers you will be enticed to touch yourself while watching

2 Likes