Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

You donā€™t use 2 remotes? :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Ahā€¦ shit I knew I was esk8ing wrongā€¦

1 Like

Make the compass magnet pin a physical piece of levitating oled screen and iā€™m sold

1 Like

One remote per motor, of course :woozy_face:

4 Likes

Mike is going to have a hell of a time with 8 motors then with that setupā€¦

2 Likes

ok thanks, so if i use a bms but i bypass it for discharging it doesnā€™t rlly matter how much amps the bms can handle right?

Between Flipsky 4.20 Dual and MakerX 4.12 Dual, which one do you guys think its better/reliable?

I have the Flipsky 4.20 dual now and been running it on my Foosted for quite sometime, am now in the midst of building another Foosted for a customer so wondering if I should give MakerX a try :thinking:

As long as its more than you charge at yeah

thanks alot

1 Like

Both have issues.
FS unreliable design I have blown 2 and itā€™s not the drv itā€™s mcu and a bunch of passives so hard to fix.
MakerX connectors backwards, not using propper shunts.
Issues running foc with newer firmware. (May be related to they way they did the shunts/resistors) UART missing 3.3v. but with ackmaniac or older fw rock solid. Mine is one of the first so maybe some of these are fixed. I would opt for 2x neobox 4 @ $80 each. Based on tried and tested focbox 1.7.

3 Likes

@b264 do you still recommend wiring a lipo straight up to the mini remote instead of the AA batteries?

Can you share your experience with the maker-x esc? Mine still hasnā€™t left chinaā€¦ from the end of march. Will likely be the last part to arrive from the build.
What settings are you currently running, what motors, batteries config, whatā€™s your opinion on the limits of this esc?

I bought mine ages ago when they first came out. I had a broken arm and was inbetween builds I used it on test build paired with a flipsky 4.2 plus 4x4. Went well was a bit smoother than the flipsky too. This build was shelved when the flipsky blew. Recently I started a short board build dual 6354 motors with makerx dual. vx1 remote. Finished the build had to modify some of the connectors went for a 5km ride it was perfect Still on 3.06 firmware. Broke the 3D printed pulley and so back on workbench last weekend. I stupidly updated the bootloader and fw to latest 4.02 I went for a ride and power was all over the shop. Went back and did a full vesc setup again. Motor detect went perfectly checked all connections, checked motor bearings. When on the ground, the power was unreliable. After screwing around for a day I put on ackmaniac firmware, ok I loose the ability to tune the board with my phone. Power is back I also had to change the vx1 to use pwm instead of UART. But I am happy with the result.

The fucker does like to wheely a lot. it reminds me of my first time riding a ninja.

3 Likes

Remember you need a 3.3V regulator in between.
Hereā€™s a cool thread on that remote and upgrade possibilities:

Iā€™ve seen the ones with converter. Brian connected a 1s lipo directly, thats why Iā€™m asking him

1 Like

Hi guys,

Just wondering what the plate under the truck bolts and between the deck are called?
insert poorly drawn photo
Was going to get two or make my own and powder coat / paint it. I donā€™t think washers would look very smart.

Prevents Sagā€¦
#Aliexpress AU $3.06 41%OFF | MagiDeal 2pcs Aluminum Alloy Skateboard Longboard Anti Sinking Gasket Prevent Sag Red

2 Likes

You mean riser pads? The black rubber piece?

Does yours looks the same as the one on the picture I posted?

Nah, they sit ontop of the deck. Not always used