Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

and how does it look on the master? (or is this already master) and just real time won’t work?

it varies by fastenr but as you and others have stated in this case its the thread length. you can also use the nominal length.

The nominal length of a screw is the length or size which is used to define the length of the fastener, it is the name of the screw size, and not necessarily the overall length of the component. Nominal lengths are usually found within product names or catalogue listings - they are simplified terms used to refer to a screw when literal sizes or micron-accurate measurements would be inconvenient. Nominal length differs from length in that ‘length’ is a vague term which could refer to several different dimensions, whereas ‘nominal length’ is more specific

https://www.accu.co.uk/en/p/133-how-to-measure-the-length-of-a-screw

3 Likes

For fuck sake … think I found it

That was configured just as PPM

6 Likes

in your example these are called shoulder bolts. the “blank” bit is the shoulder

https://www.accu.co.uk/10-shoulder-screws

1 Like

I guess I’ll go the hardware store instead of trying to order them online, and I’ll just bring one to compare :thinking:

Thank you @Mainflow, @xsynatic and @wandagoner :pray:

2 Likes

@Robert-Jan

have you read through Mike’s

this may help fill in some gaps for you

1 Like

Yup, did the same. Got confused by some companies using metric and some imperial. Went to the store and was done.

1 Like

look I have bolts everywhere

1 Like

Am i the only one that gets a slight headache after a long ride? (I assume it comes from the wind or the alway turned head?)

100%(use the eyes :wink:)

need to get some bearings. 12x28mm for mbs fivestar. Is there a brand to look for? NSK?
what are all the different variations like 6203 or 6204?
:grin:

6001-2RS

12x28x8mm

The bearing is common enough to get it from a name brand at a reasonable cost

2 Likes

How big a difference can 12s vs 10s mean for ESC temperatures?

45c vs 80c difference?

I can overheat a Lacroix DSS50+ going up hills. I’m 215lbs. board is dual focbox, 35 max battery amps each. 10s5p sanyo 20700b. Temps get from ambient 24c. to 80c quick. same on two of the same board.

I rode a Lacroix nazare up those same and still steeper hills. focbox unity, 45 max battery amps, 12s6p sanyo 20700b temps got up 50c. a huge difference.

can 12s make that difference? is it the unity? does it run cooler than the og focboxes by a lot? something else?

EDIT. actually now that I wrote it out… one system can draw 70amps from the pack, and the other only 45? that would certainly make things run cooler … maybe i have something wrong in my numbers here. or maybe that 45amps on the unity is per motor… 90 battery amps?

I probably going to buy the Meepo V3

It has a range on 11 miles/18km
Top speed is 45kph/28mph
And it cost $380.

Just a little worried about the torque.

I was just wondering if I could build something better for the same price or little bit more. Budget: $500.

2 Likes

does anybody know who’s got the world record for fastest esk8 now? @MoeStooge? any video?

1 Like

@mackann has a serious contender here

1 Like

This is still a work in progress tho right? Any footage of record breaking speeds? Can’t find anything other than that 58mph video which can’t be accurate anymore

1 Like

Don’t be. It will move you just fine.

At that price point, would be my choice as well. But for not too much more, the Exway Flex awaits.

3 Likes

Misha Urban. 59.55 mph. Moe Stooge could take it officially given proper venue and support.

4 Likes