Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Thanks, guess i dont need them

I know nothing about boosted motors, but worst comes to worst you can just chop off the connector and solder on your own. Electrically they’re identical inside.

3 Likes

Yeah the boosted connector just takes the 3 wires and throws them in their weird connector. How many wires/pins are on the connector?

There are 9 pins, I’m gonna guess the 6 other are for the sensors, maybe it could be possible to wire them like a sensored motor

Yep, exactly. I have a set of hubs that have a 9 pin higo connector that I’ve considered doing the same to.

1 Like

…

↑

@fessyfoo

yeah. i saw that next. :smiley:
but you didn’t reply to yourself… so now there’s a reply.

the hype

belt drives are cheaper, easier to set up, easier to service, easier to change ratios, and more convenient if there is a malfunction

Really the only downside to belts imho is that they are quieter.

2 Likes

So I was fiddling around with setting MCCONF on my OG FOCBOX from a development board and while doing that I was connected to my VESC from my PC. I sent a COMM_SET_MCCONF command and it disconnected from my PC (windows disconnect sound) and now it’s not connecting to my PC or that dev board anymore. I only have the blue led lit, the rest is dark.

Can I fix this by reuploading the bootloader + firmware with an ST-LINK/V2? If so, does anyone have a link to a good tutorial?

How long do you guys wait for the silicone used on your electronics to cure before you power them on?

My VESCs have sat for 48h but Id hate to release their magic smoke :man_shrugging:t2:

@Lee_Wright (or anyone else) do your trampa trucks make this sound if you lean far to one side?

1 Like

What grease does everyone use for gear drives (3dservisas) not sure that matters. I was thinking of aeroshell 22? Are there better options?

Thanks.

1 Like

Haha that’s the retainer squeaking as it slides back into the barrel. You can sort that with a bit of lithium grease on the nipple :ok_hand:

@ahrav the grease isnt too important, dont believe the hype. Any lithium grease will do :+1:

3 Likes

You need to tighten the bushing bolts a lot.

They are. A bit more and i go into the deck, i already left a mark where they are.

anyone tried this type of thing? worth it?

i have a similar set but it doesn’t do shit. ymmv

2 Likes

Anyone in the UK have a spotelder I could borrow or would they mind welding a cool p groups I would pay for the service

Anyone know the CC distance (center of truck to center of motor) on the @torqueboards reverse v6 mounts?
Is it possible to get it to 110mm or above?

1 Like