Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

No, but to 2.5 yes. If you look at the discharge curve, follow 5A discharge curve to 3.2v, capacity discharged is around 2300mah at that voltageā€¦

The thicker the wire the longer they could be. 10-12 gauge prolly 12" easily no problem

My tensionbearings keep making this ticking noise, anybody that has an idea why and how to fix? No, my motors are fine, no broken magnet, tested that already. Both sides do it actually. The bearings are bones superreds.

2 Likes

every now and then i think about picking up a bunch of these cells. then i remember that i can fit eight 18650 cells in the same space, and decide against it. that guy on youtube who pulled 90A from them showed cell voltages that started at 2.65-ish volts which increased to almost 2.8v as the cells warmed up. furthermore, the larger cell leaves more empty space in the enclosure, and there is less surface area for sticking to the deck for a given cell weight. just seems easier to use li-ion and de-rate for temperature or lifespan

1 Like

Wellā€¦ I think this video explains it lol

How much is a Boosted Stealth with 800 miles on it worth?:grimacing:

Should a battery charger stay lit green when itā€™s plugged into the board and NOT into the outlet?

Also, when I plug in the charger, the charger light rapidly flashes between green/red until it slowly blinks green.

When I turn on the board, the battery level is low. I suspect I have a bad cell in one of my 5S lipo packs.

Iā€™d say itā€™s probably not the idler, but the wheel pulley - the belt tension is pulling it slightly off-center, and the rotation is making that movement shift around as the wheel rotates. Nothing you can really do about it, but it shouldnā€™t impact anything negatively.

It might be a good idea to loosen your belts, though. The point of an idler is to increase the belt teeth engaged at any one time, which allows you to run looser belts without skipping teeth.
That should make the ticking sound go away under low-load (bench testing) conditions, but itā€™ll come back under load.

3 Likes

@Skatardude10 if youā€™ve got the time could you sign into your acc on the old forum, Iā€™m trying to go through your killswitch build thread :joy:

1 Like

Can you not look at it if I havenā€™t signed in?

I signed in and posted a random post.

1 Like

If my knowledge is correct then your photos wonā€™t load unless you sign inā€¦ Let me check it out

I have to just click the images to load them, they arenā€™t showing previews for some reason. Old forum is great!

Welp my knowledge was wrong :joy: Iā€™m pretty sure fatdaddy isnā€™t paying enough for previews/enough storage to host the photos :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Heh. Fatdaddy.

That guy. Love that guy (jokingly!!! Donā€™t rape my title mods :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:.)

1 Like

n00b questionā€¦???

are any of the last 10 posts important?

Make that any of the last 12 posts important including this one :grin:

1 Like

i h8 math

1 Like

Math sux

2 Likes

Does this cable routing/sleeving look good? So far I canā€™t see any issues

1 Like