Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Youā€™re the reason it went full Nelson Mandela

welcome, We are short on content but you will get anything you need answered by the cadre of clever crazies here

Read what you can here and the other place, it will help you immensely

3 Likes

Hi !

Iā€™d like to sell a pair of Trampa infinity trucks on this forum. I looked for rules but I only found rules about posting pictures and prices.

Is there any requirements needed before posting in the buy/sell category, like reading time or trust level ?

Has anyone tried TB hangers w Paris 44 deg baseplates? Iā€™m currently building one for a friend. I got it installed and got one it to test it out. I feel a weird ā€œflatā€ spot when I try to rock back and forth laterally. It seemed like the pivot cups and/or the baseplate is not meant to be used w the TB hangers.

TIA

@mmaner @Lunasi @jamie. Have we set guidelines for selling items? Other than the obvious, up to date profile with location, pictures, condition and price. Are we worried about lower member level allowed to sell? And Iā€™m not talking Group Buys either.

@J0ker there are not specific guidelines just yet.

4 Likes

My opinionā€¦

1. Donā€™t be brand new, put in the time
  2. Post pics, oh and post pics, btw, post some damned pics
  3. When someone lowballs you, be cool or ignore
  4. Donā€™t be a dick, your gear ainā€™t special
  5. @b264 US, EU, whatever in the title
9 Likes

Iā€™d add that photographs and your country should be mandatory for any sale.

A sale listing with no country is just wasting folksā€™ time.

To add to that, itā€™d be even better if the country needed to be on their profile and not just on the sale listing.

2 Likes

Thatā€™ll do

2 Likes

@mmaner nailed it. Iā€™d also add: Donā€™t us PayPal FnF unless you and the vendor have a very close relationship and there is implicit trust!

3 Likes

Even then, Iā€™d stay with non fnf. It keeps you and the seller honest and any dispute is easily resolved.

1 Like

I would just make it a rule to never use F&F and if folks mutually decide to break that rule, then they canā€™t hold anyone else accountable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know if single drive cruise control is possible ?

Itā€™s definitely possible.

Ive been trying to figure it out on my new remote, Ik my mini remote had knobs that when moved would set a slow pace, But I moved away from that remote.

Hoyt Puck - just realized they ship only in the US? Any suggestions to get a Puck to Switzerland? :grimacing:

Am i the only one with weird formatting of the website?

(spaces way to big and the titles are cramped.)
The profile picture on the top right fixes itself on the very top. If i scroll just a hair down, it jumps to the side.

Is there a standard motor mount screw lenght for brushless 63xx motors?

1 Like

M4x8 or M4x10, I use both

2 Likes

I have m4x9 so bullseye!

2 Likes

I have a fuse question on my anti spark switch

Currently using this with a 40a fuse

Does that mean, the moment I hit 41a, it will blow?

I wanna up my vescs to 25a each so total 50a. Can I do it? how are fuse specs calculated? The fuse is removable so I guess I could put a new fuse in but still curious.