Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Here’s a quick one, how tight should our belts be?

As loose as possible so they don’t skip during the hardest braking going downhill.

Keep tightening until they don’t skip, then leave it there. You don’t want it much tighter than that.

Belts will skip easiest during hard braking on a downhill at medium speed.

2 Likes

I have one right now that is like super tight because I thought that’s how they are supposed to be and it makes a ton of noise :joy:

You should be able to press the belt 1/4 inch with little pressure.

3 Likes

That will snap instantly in snowy conditions.

2 Likes

I will fix it. I’ve never even seen a belt driven board in person besides my own. I need more esk8 friends :laughing:

4 Likes

I only saw the first other esk8r in-person last week, and they had a modified Onewheel+ and had just moved from another city.

4 Likes

make freinds. Quickly before anyone else does.

5 Likes

I started out as an EUC guy. Been riding electric unicycles for 5 years or so. First one had 7 mile range top speed of 9mph. Now I have one that is 40 miles range top speed of 35mph… Then I got into esk8.

I love making things but I don’t think I’ll ever build an electric unicycle :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve only seen some noobs on shitty prebuilt boards around here.

2 Likes

A shitty china hub motor board is still better than no esk8.

9 Likes

I didn’t realize that I still enjoyed my shitty Chinese hub board until my battery died. Something about a board you can beat up.

I’m sure soon I’ll have better boards I can beat up :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Could an electrical engineer or BMS guru please check my wiring diagram?

Its 12s1p Lipo pack made from 6 2s packs. The BMS can do 14s but will also work at 12s. I am only using it for charging.

The 3 wires coming out of the batteries is the balance plug that comes on them.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Looks awesome :slight_smile:

Do you have the programming card for it, or can you change the Voltage via Bluetooth also?

Half half, depending on what values you want to change. There is a data sheet for it available on the website and on Ali, where it’s written which values you can change with bt and for which you need the module

2 Likes

What about to make it work for 12s instead of 14s?

13-14 are bridged to make 14s connector. I wonder if I need to use the top positive (BC15)?

1 Like

Oh I think I figured it out with the help of some bread crumbs left by @janpom.

I looked up the data sheet. Currently it is set to 14s with C14-C14 Shorted. To use with 12s I also need to short C9-C8 and C4-C3.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/bq76940.pdf

But also its a good idea to order the PC programer interface because that gives you full control of all settings.

7 Likes

Was just about to recommend you to speak with him as he did the same :sweat_smile: good that things are sorted out now!

Can anyone identify these trucks or rims? I’m looking for new shocks and tires but I’m not sure exactly what I’m looking for

The dimensions of the rim are…

• 3.5" (88.9mm) core diameter
  • 4.5" (114.3mm) flange diamter
  • 1.75" (44.5mm) inner flange width