Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Unity comes with 3.5mm bullet connectors and there are spare male mating bullets in the boxā€¦ cut the bullets off the crappy cheap motor, solder on the Unity male bullets, heat-shrink and rideā€¦

1 Like

JC, you are nicer than i am, so i liked your post, un liked then reliked.

I tried the sameā€¦ but left you wanting and your post got unliked as I apparently freaked out the site and got thisā€¦

Youā€™ve performed this action too many times. Please wait 45 seconds before trying again.

1 Like

The size does not mean they have the same specs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Look here for example:

Maytech 6355 Specs

• KV: 170 or 190
  • Max. Current: 65A
  • Input Volt.: 2ā€12s Lipo
  • Max. Output Watt: 3510W
  • Motor Weight: 610g

Vs Flipsky 6355

• KV: 160 or 220
  • Max Power: 1620W
  • Max Current: 45A
  • Max Volts: 12S
  • Weight: 1.259 lb / 0.572 kg

Maytechs clearly are better here because they can support much more A and double the W!. Also flipsky only have 2 kv options which are 160-220 which imo in either 2 high or 2 low for a small comuter. 190kv is better but but just depends on your gearing options in the end. Maytech also conformal coat their sensors so i water raches it they wonā€™t die. Price is obviously double vs the 2 so if your roads are not rough, and you are not going very fast and donā€™t plan to ride in the rain (with thane you shouldnā€™t unless you like slippery slap falls), then flipsky will do fine. If you donā€™t want to pay twice in the long run get maytech motors from @EboardSolutions. He also has a warrenty on top i think and fastest shipping ever.

4 Likes

Another noob question:

What are those X things I see on a lot of builds?

4 Likes

X things :rofl: that is what they are called. A few people make them but the ones that stand out the most a @akhlut ones that can be found here
Stuff Akhlut makes

3 Likes

@Zach /mods there seems to be a problem ( unrelated to noob question thread so will delete this post once sorted)
When i mentioned @akhlut above this message comes up

That is not quite normal is it?

3 Likes

Yea but whatā€™s their function?

1 Like

to avoid the srews digging into/damaging the deck. and to add style :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Luckily Iā€™ve got a drop through deck so no worries :sunglasses:

1 Like

Then you need them even more. I wouldnā€™t have a dropthrough without a top plate or X protectors.

7 Likes

Donā€™t worry I have a drop through deck with evolve supercarve trucks

gotcha

6 Likes

I CANT STOP LAUGHING HAHAHAHA
Yea man they were the only option cuz any other truck on the switchblade will wheel bite unless you drill new holes and I donā€™t wanna hurt my switchbaby :pleading_face:

3 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/hi-everyone-let-me-introduce-you-to-the-fourth-esk8/74251/13?u=glyphiks

You could use a piece of aluminium to extend your wheelbase

1 Like

Will this work out ā€¦???

7 Likes

Oh shit thatā€™s a great idea, well let me first get a feel for the supercarve trucks (my build is not even over XD) and then when I fall really hard from a Speed wobble or hate the trucks then Iā€™ll change to haggy with this adapter

1 Like

Supercarve DKP on the front is pretty dope but if you put an RKP on the rear, especially a 44 degree or 35 degree, then it gets really stable at speed while still having that deep carve

6 Likes

No experience with the maytech 55 but I have been told their larger motors like the 6880 are hardened. Just because two products come out of the same factory this doesnt mean they are made to the same spec. I know in the solar world this is very true. 15mm its overkill for a dual drive but they last longer and less chance of belt slip on braking and accelerating. If your going to do a trampa style build I would go larger. One of my mates is 170kg (twice my weight) and rides my street carver with these motors.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s something I am definitely going to try.

1 Like