Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Redrill the holes or add a 1"spacer from mbs. Why do you need to change the angle?

I don’t need to change it really, I just need more clearance between the ground and my board.

Are you running a double stack battery under mounted. Are you running smaller than 8" tires? The 35°angle is needed so you can turn

8” tires, batt enclosure is 2”. I have about 1.5” sitting clearance but when I stand on it that reduces it to about half an inch and I can bottom it out with a little bounce. (I never off-road or jump, I’m all bike paths and sidewalks, but I need at least a little more room)

The 1" riser mounted at 35°wont really give you an inch. I might have to say that you bought into a deck that is too flexy for your weight. Bigger tires are an option if your gearing can handle it also a topmount battery. Lastly see if you can redrill the truck mounting holes for an extra 1/2".

Thanks for the info. Yeah, the angle will reduce the overall height gain but a 1” riser might get me there, it’s pretty close. It’s a 16-ply deck, I weigh 165.
I finally put together why Trampa, on the website, only sells 9” tire options for this deck/truck combo. I could go there but it would mean re-working the drivetrain. That was supposed to be an eventual upgrade, not all at once. Really not a fan of top-mount for my purposes but…you know, physics and stuff. Will have to compromise somewhere.

You could reinforce your deck with unidirectional carbon on the bottom but it would take some layers to really notice it. More than just a carbon skin to really stiffen it up. I did a mbs comp 90 top and bottom with heavyweight 12k 480gsm and it really helped. This may not be your path but you could always sell it and get the deck of your choice.

Here is a potentially dumb question…for nine inch tires do I need different wheels/rims? Ie, will 9” tires fit on regular mbs hubs?

You will need 5 stars for 9". 8" tires will fit any mbs hub

1 Like

That’s straight-up materials work there…you sir have a degree of skill and talent I simply do not possess - but it is the warrior-option.

Send me the deck for a stiffening. I will do it for you since you have never worked with epoxy. Your paying for materials but labor is frees

5 Likes

Wow…that is a very kind offer, thank you. I ordered the risers a little bit ago and they should be here in a week, if that doesn’t seem viable I will pm you and pursue this option. Thanks again for offering up your skillz. Might be worth doing either way.

I hope the spacers give you a 1/4" lift. I wouldn’t expect much more at that angle. SoFlo is only two states away from South Carolina so hopefully shipping won’t be a monster. I have built five boards and really just getting bored at the moment. I love working with epoxy the best…its kinda addictive.

That’s great, and the more I think about it the more I like the idea of the combo. 1/4” is probably a decent guess. Was going to ask where you were so yeah, SC is pretty close considering it is an international forum.

1 Like

I have close to 50mm of spacers for my build. 3d printed spacers. Spare change if you know someone with a printer. You’ll probably have to buy longer screws though.

1 Like

Hey guys!
Not having riding my board in almost 2 years I feel like a complete noob again…

So today was my first ride in ages, and unfortunately vescs acted funny. After each time I put the brakes on and board came to a complete stop, the vesc would keep the brakes on until I hitting throttle again. Happens every time.

I’m pretty certain that settings were not changed during the 1,5 years that the board’s been sitting.

Restarted focs, remote but still there.
Running in foc mode, current control w brake no reverse (?), gt2b remote, ackmaniac fw, 2 focs @ 70/-40 30/-10
Can’t remember this happening before, or maybe it’s just me getting old.

:pray:

got a guy with a prototipo and he wants more speed
we are looking for smaller wheel pulleys for rockstar 2 (i think those are the wheels)
any recomendations
looking around 50-55t area

I would just get a bigger pinion or 3d print some smaller wheel pulleys

3 Likes

20t - 62t (i think thats the stock wheel pulley size on a proto)
running 140kv motors
175mm wheels

Get bigger tires. Grab some kenda 909’s