Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

It depends on the bearing. the standard size for thane bearings seems to be 8mm (Id) wide so you’d need a 10mm ID bearing

1 Like

ty for the info :grin:

Hey, im looking for spacers and bearings for MBS rockstar 2 hubs. 10mm axles.

Also looking for washers / speed rings for the setup too. Where would I find any of these things in the US? most of what I find is from lacroix (Canada) and moon (europe)

When I plug in my accessories the connector sparks? From what I read this seems normal ‘ordinary sparks’? It seems scary. There is no short or wrong connections.

Any capacitors in your accessories will charge when plugged in, and that inrush of current will cause a spark.

3 Likes

So it’s normal and I shouldn’t worry about it right? Just make sure I don’t have anything flammable right by it?

They will. Also got Flipsky’s motors already.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much.

1 Like

is 2ah per cell unacceptably bad? diyeboards packs have 360wh per pack at 10s 36v nominal voltage and it consits of 50 cells of unknown brand, but assuming 360wh/50cells/3.6 =2ah which means that they 30% less than 30q, but they have rated discharge of 50amp per pack and with 3 packs in parallel i could get a 10s15p with 1080wh and atleast a conservative 100amp draw total for less than 600$ which is decent if they dont blow up

1 Like

It definitely seems suspicious. Not to mention that it would weigh an insane amount for it’s provided power output/capacity. Definitely check what other members say too though.

With a budget of $600 I’m sure a vendor here could make you a nice and reliable pack with good output/capacity. If you make it yourself(definitely do research first) you could make yourself an amazing battery for $600.

10s10p p42a battery with ~250A constant output and 1400wh for $500 in batteries and $100 to spend on fish paper, tape, nickel and wire. For an extra $40 you can also have the Bluetooth bms that pairs with your phone.

The above strategy is the one I am working on right now with a 3D printed top mounted case. Should be done this week! Will post pictures when possible.

3 Likes

2Ah for high power cells is not terrible, for something like samsung 20R or 20S at 20/30A per cell, but these are 10A cells. I personally would not go that route, it’s just bad all around. Very heavy, sketchy cells, probably sketchy pack assembly, not great discharge, not great capacity, and huge.

3 Likes

yeah true, dont really wanna make it myself as i dont have any tools for it, really the only reason i considered them is because it was by far the cheapest place selling packs and they are also square shaped so i could stack them in my mountainboard box, goal is to find something with atleast 1000wh, output doesnt have to be crazy i find 40-50amp enough for light offroading

alternatively aliexpress n ebay also sell packs cheap af but i have a feeling buying batts of aliexpress is like ordering a bomb

1 Like

Normally it’s more akin to ordering cells filled with sand, but either way it’s a fantastic waste of money.

2 Likes

Don’t

2 Likes

post a screenshot of your settings screen with the current settings

I’ll also throw this out there as potential. Do you bypass the bms or do you run all current through it? It could be the case that you may have hit some sort of overvolt protection on it which may have cut out the board during hard breaking. Same for the Vesc depending on your settings, I typically see more unexpected over voltage cutouts from a bms because one p group could reach the over voltage cutoff quicker than the pack can as a whole.

Pneumatic tyre pressure, how high is yours and for what style of riding?

1 Like

Advise when you have it! :+1:

On 9" 3.5 bar (50.75psi if i do the math correct)

1 Like

trampa 8 inch mudpluggers

45psi - All around street and off road

55psi - Long range bike path trips when going for peak efficiency to get as far as possible.

2 Likes