Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

How heavy?

Riptides are very very good. I’d always change to those in a proper durometer as the first change to any board.

Wobbles also tend to begin in the rear truck, so it may be worth shifting most of your weight to the front foot during most of your riding that isn’t braking.

1 Like

I’m 115kg or 253lbs, so hard duro and tight bushings are a must. I believe Riptide sells 96A, so they might end up being harder than 100A China stuff.

Someone needs to come up with non Newtonian bushing formula which gets harder on rapid compression.

Alright simple question. Are 4mm bullet connectors on phase wires up to the task of 100amps per motor with 99 battery amps?

Ive always used 5(maybe 5.5) mm bullet connectors for these, but both my stormcore 60d+ and flipsky 63100 motors come with 4mm bullet connectors.

Just curious if they can handle the current

1 Like

board was too quick to give full throttle, after some pretty hard riding(flat ground) battery indicator said it was 3/4 but the power dropped so much I could go full throttle then within the next 10mins it was barely jogging speed and at 1/2 battery. is this typical?
set up: single 6374 with 2x 5000mAh 5c lipos, battery barely warm as was vesc

Did you check the motor temp?

motor was definitely on the warmer side, didn’t feel much different when I checked at 30mins tho. going to fully charge and track next ride

anyone who rides single motors find it easier to ride with the motor on the heal or toe side?

Howdo. After weeks of trouble free riding I had a disconnection. Not cool! The only difference from before is the antenna had broken away from the sticker patch at the end. Please see pics.

Questions. Would the end part cause disconnections?
Where can i get replacement antennas like in the pic?
Lastly where best to place an antenna on a wood dropdown deck? Thanks in advance.

Oh weird I think I usually get them starting from the front? I do ride “leaning” forward more than back or neutral though, and I do more of my steering with the front foot than the back. I mostly get wobbles from hitting something small abs trying to correct, and the only times I really notice it coming from the back is if I try to reposition my foot

I prefer heel side, but not by a huge amount. I think I carry most of my weight closer to the front anyway, so only if I’m losing traction I’ll kind of squat on the back leg. but in normal riding that means I don’t notice a massive difference between heel or toe motor, I mostly noticed it in turns because turning towards the opposite side of the motor loses traction

1 Like

I’ve had proper speed wobble once and it seemed like the back was starting to go first. The only way to correct was braking and sitting down. This is the reason why I always tighten the back bushing a hair more than the front. With DKP’s I’m more concerned about losing balance/control. Tightened the trucks yesterday and went over 30kph today on the way to work. It’s doable on good pavement, but going off small curbs and having other disturbances where I need to correct seem sketchy at those speeds.

1 Like

Building my first board. Using a eboardsperu enclosure. What should I use for passing the phase and sensor wires through the enclosure? Tia

I used 2 of these. Just make sure the dimensions fit your enclosure. Like thikness of enclosure fit the inside groove of the grommet, and the drill bit isn’t larger than the outside of the groove, and the inside is also big enough for wires. I’m a noob too, so hope i explained ok enough. :smiley:

Mine was 22 mm outside, 11 mm inside, and groove 15mm, So i used 15mm drillbit.

IMG_20210729_170911

2 Likes

How resistant to water ingress are those?

Am starting a new build but was wondering how well do the mr60 connectors work. Wanted to build a 14s4p Demonseed. Was gonna use boardnamics 6384 motors but was wondering if I should use mr60 connectors. Also wanted to3d print a nice mount with it… is this the route I should go or just stick to the bullet connectors.
Ps it’ll be hooked up to a stormcore

Not much as is i think. I would silicone from the inside of the enclosure if you want it more waterproof.

2 Likes

Lol, not gonna lie to you my man, that was kinda retarded.

I don’t recommend leaving it on though. It’s better to have something to make it turn on and off to save power.

Does anyone know if @Boardnamics M1 Gear Drives will work on a drop through mounted board. Currently rocking TB DD’s with a TB Dropdown Dropthrough deck and looking to upgrade because these motors get wayyyy too hot.

Looking to get his M1 Gear Drive + 220mm hangars set and some Flipsky 6374’s to replace the Direct Drives.

What bearings/spacers do I need for MBS rockstars (10mm ID). More concerned about the spacers

Used riptide double barrel on my meepo V3 and it was :ok_hand: