Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

Heheheheheheh

5 Likes

imposter-syndrome-imposter

4 Likes

I am trying to set HFI up, but confused about all the parameters and the sound is scary :grin: anyone can help me or can link to a good in depth explanation of how HFI works and what every parameter does? General VESC app and motor do’s and don’t would help as well, want to learn as much as possible and try to make the setting as close to “perfect” as possible :joy:

anyone tried combining different 10s battery packs for more capacity?

Has anyone used a 12s battery with a generic lingyi esc?

as long as ur lingyi esc can handle 12s, then its doable

1 Like

You can do that as long as they are charged to the same voltage when you connect them together properly, and then don’t disconnect them. Any deviation from that or mistakes following that procedure exactly can make a huge fire that can’t be put out with water or fire extinguishers.

3 Likes

They should be the same cell type and age in optimal conditions

You must charge them together or make sure they are the same voltage before connecting

It’s a bad idea to mix an old and new pack though

damn that sounds dangerous

This is why we usually build our packs to the spec we want or upgrade and sell the old one haha

If they are in parallel, this shouldn’t matter much. That matters a lot for series connections.

2 Likes

I guess it wouldn’t matter as much but if one set is way older than the other and they discharge faster, the other pack will have to carry more of the load

but like how accurate does the voltage have to be when connecting them? will charging them with a charger be accurate enough

charge both using same charger until green light, then u can parallel them

1 Like

Personally if I were you I would just check both and if they’re within 0.1v of each other I’m sure it is fine.

Probably within 0.05V

The easiest way is to charge one battery until green, let it charge 30 more minutes, then charge the other battery with the same charger until green, then let it charge 30 more minutes.

Then check with a multimeter that both batteries are at the same (+/- 0.05) voltage.

You might be able to get by with 0.1V but there are lots of details like battery capacities, and where in the SOC they are. 0.1V at the top of SOC is a lot less worrysome than 0.1V in the middle of SOC.

SOC = state of charge, aka how charged they are

2 Likes

you know the official name
that comes up with some expensive (and not to many results)

sex bolt, (also known as a barrel nut, barrel bolt, binding barrel, Chicago screw, post and screw or connector bolt)

taken from wikipedia

2 Likes

Are MTB trucks needed for the flux deck? Like would boardnamics bn270 and an adjustable baseplate work at all?

1 Like

Nvm stupid question

1 Like