Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

possibly but cant workout what it is

gimme 5 min to get you one

anyone know what this sound is?
motors spin fine when commanded from vesc tool and have been set up fine (i think)

when i attempt to spin via remote i get a weird noise and they dont spin

i had that a long time ago and and connecting the 3 wires in a different way fixed it, but it should work fine on a vesc so idk

1 Like

2 Likes

just the tape there to hold wires in place

everything is constructed well

2 Likes

I’ve always thought that fusing your charge port had to do more with sketchy chargers than accidentally stabbing your charge port with something lol

3 Likes

1 Like

yeah sort of gave up soldering and just bought some holders on amazon

sorry

1 Like

Fast.

Pre-tin both sides. When you solder on the fuse, do it real fast. Tinning it sould take like 1.00 seconds. Sticking the pre-tinned wire to it should take like another 1.00 seconds.

Not 15 seconds while the fuse gets all melty and starts burning your desk and probably doesn’t work right anymore.

3 Likes

something was wrong with that wire
tried with a different lenth of silicone wire and soldered fine
no idea what the issue was

Copper corrodes thus many wires have clear enamel on them to protect them from oxygen.

If you failed to solder with copper wire maybe that’s because you were trying to solder the enamel on said copper to another metal which wouldn’t work quite well.

in any case it’s never a bad idea to file copper a little with maybe some sandpaper before soldering with it and also maybe use some flux.

1 Like

yeah prob that

gonna scrap those wires and redo

sadly out of those small jst
will prob use like xt30 instead

1 Like

Yeah I mean If you have space why not.

Thats the fun of DIY.

2 Likes

Thinking about revisiting my LiPo cutoff voltages. Currently have it set to 3.5V soft 3.2V hard. However, the manufacturer recommends the battery not be taken lower than 3.5V, with 3V being the hard cutoff. Is it worth lifting the soft to 3.6V or even 3.7V? Should the hard cutoff be raised as well, or is it fine? Of note, I’ve never actually reached soft cutoff in my rides.

Are these daly bms compatable with lipo batteries?

Personally I wouldn’t go under the recommended cutoff, especially since they’re lipos. I’d play it safe, but take this with a grain of salt since I’m no expert.

Yep, assuming your lipo setup is 10s and 42V (at full charge).

2 Likes

this, and also u r running bms bypass discharge

2 Likes

Do these little washers go between axle and wheel or wheel and bolt?
My board came with four but I couldn’t remember where they went and I had spares so I put them on both sides.
My friend said since my wheel bearings have built in spacers I can just throw them away but I press X to doubt on that.

Ive got them on both. You can tighten your wheels more and they protect your bearings a bit. Makes the wheels spin more smoothly as well

5 Likes